My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T poor quality video

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

Hello. I lost the audio on my Humax 9200T a few weeks ago. The TV was fine. When I turned on the PVR, the video was OK, and I could change channels using the PVR handset. But there was no audio. It was not muted. I could play recorded programs but again, no audio. So I did a manual retune and all was well. For a few days.

Then I found that I couldn't turn the 9200T on - at least, not what would show on the TV. So I gave it another try the next day, and it would turn on, except that it appeared to have lost all the tuned channels! So I did an automatic retune, and all is now ok, including audio. But I have very poor video. Trouble is, Humax seem to be reluctant to offer any advice. They have completely ignored at least 3 requests for help on uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk. The dustbin beckons!

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 12:28:40 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

You will find good versions of the bad channels numbered 800, 801, 802, etc. Look in the FAQ section of this forum for my Manual Search instruction, that will sort out the video. Your other problems I think are related to randomly pressing buttons, I'm guessing you've lost audio because you've selected the wrong audio track with the button I can't remember the label of, hopefully someone will chip in here. I think you also need to check the 'Input Select' (or labelled similar) button on your TV remote if the Humax doesn't display on your TV.

Bottom line is I think it best you do a Default Setting followed by my Manual Search instructions.

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 12:55:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

Hello Biggles. Well, I have followed your instructions closely and all seems to be OK. Couple of points. The UHF channel numbers I was originally using were 52,49,48,44,41. Digitaluk gave them as 52,49,44,42,41. Don't know if that made much difference. Also, I lost the audio again. I wriggled the scart connectors and got it back again. Perhaps that explains that! I have been here before so I'll keep my fingers crossed! Anyway, many thanks for your help.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 13:07:52 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Presumably your local transmitter has changed its UHF channel numbers since you last checked. Previously maybe you didn't have all the channels or you were receiving some from another transmitter. SCART plug not fully seated could well have been your audio problem.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 16:08:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.