My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T - what comes after 'reset to default'?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan997

My 9200T has been behaving very oddly since I yanked the plug when it froze. Symptoms include recordings under the wrong name, multiple recordings listed with identical name/times, and numerous simple failures to record programmes marked for recording. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it says it's recording (on the front panel) - as set - but if you go to the list of recordings, there's no sign of it - either while it's recording, or afterwards.

I've tried retuning. I've tried returning it to the defaults. Nothing's working. Is this the point where I 'escalate', and if so, what form does that take? Can I 'format' it and reinstal the software from 'clean'? Or what? Any help much appreciated.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 15:52:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

A well known problem. See this thread.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recordings-playing-up-in-9200t

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 16:48:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan997

Hi

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I've done the format, as suggested - maybe that will sort it. I am wondering whether I might be getting interference, and have been trying to do the manual tuning. When I go to the digital UK site and check my postcode, it says the best for me is Crystal Palace. Then when I look at the numbers in the grey columns, I get:

23 26 30- 25 22 28-

When I do the manual tuning, there's no 30- or 28- in the drop-down options. Should I just do t'others?

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 10:27:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

alan997 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    Thanks very much for getting back to me. I've done the format, as suggested - maybe that will sort it. I am wondering whether I might be getting interference, and have been trying to do the manual tuning. When I go to the digital UK site and check my postcode, it says the best for me is Crystal Palace. Then when I look at the numbers in the grey columns, I get:
    23 26 30- 25 22 28-
    When I do the manual tuning, there's no 30- or 28- in the drop-down options. Should I just do t'others?

Ignore the - sign and tune to 28 and 30. The minus sign indicates that the frequency is slightly offset, probably to reduce interference from other transmitters. The Humax will take care of it.

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 10:39:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan997

Fantastic! Many thanks.

No doubt I'll be back soon for help with installing a new HD...

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 10:45:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bmax - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ignore the - sign and tune to 28 and 30.

Actually no point in trying to tune 30 on a 9200 as it is the HD Mux and you will not be able to receive it.

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 11:44:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan997

Thanks...I did try the 30 before I got your message, but it reported no channels. I seem to have all the ones I want now. Thanks again.

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 11:47:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

Actually no point in trying to tune 30 on a 9200 as it is the HD Mux and you will not be able to receive it.

Oops!!

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 12:47:40 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.