My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300 HDD upgrade help

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

voodoochile

My 9300T just this last week failed to record in either preselected or immediate mode. As I had a spare 500GB HDD (WD Caviar blue-SATA 6Gb/s) I swapped over discs.
    Formatted the new disc, plonked it in the 9300 and hey presto all worked well both on record and playback.

There were a few programmes on the old disk that I wanted to retain. In line with guides I have found in this forum I placed the original HDD in a drive caddy (Icy Dock) and using humaxrw-1.15-win32 + Front-End and copied the recordings I wanted to retain to my PC HDD. This worked having all .ts, .hre, .elu and .epg files for each selected recording.

Before attempting to copy to new disc I formatted the 500GB disc in the 9300.

I then put the new disc into the drive caddy and using humaxrw..etc I uploaded the files from PC to the disc.

It all looked to be OK but when I put the disc into 9300 it showed no recordings at all.

In case it was anything to do with data rate I put jumpers in to limit down to 1.5 Gb/s.
    but the same result.....nada showed up on the MENU->Recorded Progs.

I then removed the 500GB disc and put it back in the caddy and tried copying the files back to diferent location on PC. It was interesting to note that it only copied back 3 files per program .ts, .hre and .elu the .epg was missing. Not only that but ALL the ts and hre files were resized to 376KB.

Any ideas and help to overcome this problem will be appreciated.

| Fri 16 Feb 2018 23:15:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

voodoochile

Update
    After trying all sorts of workarounds I had to admit defeat and bought a 5000T. Now I have to see if I can get the files on to that.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 16:45:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

voodoochile - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Update
    After trying all sorts of workarounds I had to admit defeat and bought a 5000T. Now I have to see if I can get the files on to that.

On the 5000T you need to copy just the .ts files. The other files associated with a recording on the 9300T are not needed.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 17:33:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

voodoochile

Martin Liddle - 18 hours ago On the 5000T you need to copy just the .ts files. The other files associated with a recording on the 9300T are not needed.

Thanks Martin, though I had got that figured and now all recordings are copied across to internal HDD.

| Mon 19 Feb 2018 12:06:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.