My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300 missed recordings and jumps on chase play

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liz N

We have a 9300 and 9200 hummy - the 9200 works fine but the larger 9300 has some irritating habits.
    Firstly it often jumps in 'chase play' and occasionally on playback. About 15-20 seconds disappear and the sound goes out of sync. It is possible to rewind back through the missing picture but not go through it at normal speed and so hear what is being said.
    It started doing this sometime ago but unfortunately it is out of warranty and I bought it from Martin Dawes who have since ceased trading.
    Have tried numerous reset to defaults, reformatting of the hard drive, and retuning to no avail.
    Spoke to Humax support who said others had reported this so they were investigating - does anyone have any news on this at all please. The chap I spoke to seemed surprised it was still happening after resetting and reformatting.
    The other issue has started happening after the upgrade to UPTTF 1.00.26 in July. We came back from 2 weeks holday to find it had stopped recording the day after we went. It appears that it can't cope with 'Come Dine with me' 4 or 5 episodes back to back on Saturday afternoons on C4. It records the first episode but then stops recording completely. It seems OK when not using series link. There is no problem on the 9200. Again I have tried resetting/reformatting but it is still happening. Have they changed the 'series link' logic which has slowed the response down on the new software or something similar? I called Humax support but they hadn't hear about this.
    Is anyone else getting this problem as we feel the box is getting unreliable, and there isn't much point in buying another 9300 as probably the same issues would happen.
    Any advice or thoughts appreciated. Many thanks

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 20:39:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Liz N - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Firstly it often jumps in 'chase play' and occasionally on playback. About 15-20 seconds disappear and the sound goes out of sync. It is possible to rewind back through the missing picture but not go through it at normal speed and so hear what is being said.

is this on specific channels or on all channels. There have been some reports of similar behaviour but limited to certain programs. This seems to be a problem that affects the 9300 but not the 9200. I don't know of a workaround so it is down to Humax (or the broadcasters) to fix the problem.

The other issue has started happening after the upgrade to UPTTF 1.00.26 in July. We came back from 2 weeks holday to find it had stopped recording the day after we went. It appears that it can't cope with 'Come Dine with me' 4 or 5 episodes back to back on Saturday afternoons on C4. It records the first episode but then stops recording completely.

Again there have been some similar reports so it may be a problem with 1.00.26; you could go back to 1.00.23.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 20:46:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liz N

Hi Martin
    Thanks for the reply.
    The worst offender for jumping is Breakfast on BBC1.
    Reverting to 1.00.23 - would that hooking it up to a PC & special cables etc?
    It would be nice if Humax fixed the problem.
    Cheers
    Liz

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 20:53:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Liz N - 2 hours ago  » 
    The worst offender for jumping is Breakfast on BBC1.

Not one I have seen complained about previously.

Reverting to 1.00.23 - would that hooking it up to a PC & special cables etc?

Yes; cost of the bits would be a few pounds.

It would be nice if Humax fixed the problem.

I think there are two separate problems. The jumping problem may be difficult to fix. The missing some successive recordings ought to be easier.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 23:32:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liz N

Hi Martin

Re the jumping, it did this on a recording of 'Wanted Down Under' yesterday so perhaps BBC1 is the main culprit. Because of jumping we don't regularly watch the 9300 as it is so annoying - we use the 9200 for playback and keep the 9300 as a backup. Unfortunately the 9200 only holds about 100 programs and when it gets full it starts playing up too (wrong time lengths on programs etc) so we have to reformat its disk every 3-4 months.

Don't think we will want to reinstall the old software in case that causes more problems - but it's a pity Humax have introduced an error into the system with the last upgrade. Will just avoid recording the Saturdays 'Come Dine' as this is the only culprit identified so far, and hope for a software fix soon.

On another issue I checked the digital uk website as we could perhaps do another manual retune and found a total of 6 channels for Winter Hill (62,59,54,58,61,55) - does this sound right, as I have normally used 5 - not including 54.

Cheers

| Tue 31 Jan 2012 17:28:46 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

54 is the HD multiplex and is of no use the the 9150/9200/9300 machines, your other five channel numbers are correct for Winter Hill.

| Tue 31 Jan 2012 17:49:29 #6 |
  7. Tembo11

Tembo11

Liz N - 1 day ago  » 

Don't think we will want to reinstall the old software in case that causes more problems - but it's a pity Humax have introduced an error into the system with the last upgrade. Will just avoid recording the Saturdays 'Come Dine' as this is the only culprit identified so far, and hope for a software fix soon.
    On another issue I checked the digital uk website as we could perhaps do another manual retune and found a total of 6 channels for Winter Hill (62,59,54,58,61,55) - does this sound right, as I have normally used 5 - not including 54.
    Cheers

My parent's 9300 is also tuned to Winter Hill and had the 1.00.26 software manually updated early in January after the "freezing" R/c problems. They haven't mentioned any similar problems with their set jumping

| Wed 1 Feb 2012 19:17:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.