My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300-T : Strange recording behaviour

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daf

Martin Liddle - 2 weeks ago  » 
    There are quite a few reports of difficulty in loading files back onto a 9300T (in my experience there is no problem with the 9200T) and I don't think the reason is understood. Please could you update us in a few days to confirm that the recordings have stayed visible and playable.

Still going strong so far:
    - original problem hasn't re-appeared
    - re-uploaded shows still showing + playing Ok. [Some have the incorrect name due to original problem on the recording]
    Although
    - Some shows, particularly ITV3/Channel 4 / Film 4 still a bit glitchy at times, but I believe this is a separate known issue due to broadcast.

The two things I did differently on the last attempt (see previous post) were:
    - Ran humaxcheck 3: -l to see files for the above msg.
    - Turned the box on, but didn't go into the menu system for a while ~ 20min

My un-educated guess would be the last one - turning it on but not entering menu for a while.

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 15:12:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Daf - 1 hour ago  » 
    Still going strong so far:
    - original problem hasn't re-appeared
    - re-uploaded shows still showing + playing Ok. [Some have the incorrect name due to original problem on the recording]

Thanks for coming back and confirming the good news.

The two things I did differently on the last attempt (see previous post) were:
    - Ran humaxcheck 3: -l to see files for the above msg.
    - Turned the box on, but didn't go into the menu system for a while ~ 20min

Hard to understand why that should help but certainly worth trying for anybody else having problems uploading recordings.

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 17:14:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daf

Martin Liddle - 8 mins ago  » 

Hard to understand why that should help but certainly worth trying for anybody else having problems uploading recordings.

Maybe an assumption on my part- but from various snippets of info found in these forums it sounded like the box might do some recording list re-indexing work from time to time.
    In addition to keeping backup copies of the list.

e.g.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/restoring-recordings-and-list-to-humax-pvr-9200t
    See point 47
    (Although for 9200T)
    My box wasn't un-responsive at all, but thought I might as well give it some time to settle just in case. And the time I did - the list was populated.

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 17:26:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daf

Alas - the box seems to have started to missbehave again - recordings that won't play and recording over existing programs with something different.
    May investigate getting a replacement drive.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 22:32:02 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.