My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martha12

Hi all. Writing in desperation about my 9300t Keeps freezing up on playback. Comes with the msg 'this programme is scrambled blah blah' To check, I watched a programme all the way through whilst recording....no problem whatsoever with scrambling etc. but when I played it back the next day, I had the same message as the recording froze! I've reset, default set retuned the box to within an inch of it's life. Contacted Humax who advised reformatting the hard drive. Have done that to no avail. I'm a little reluctant to buy a new box until I'm sure it is the box at fault. Bought Humax for my sister and niece before I ever had one and was so impressed, finally bought one for myself. They have never a a days trouble with theirs.

Can anyone advise? I saw the post about linking it to the computer but not sure what leads are needed and do you attach t the HDMI socket on the box?

| Mon 25 May 2015 12:55:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Always hard to be certain about these problems (without being able to examine the box) but best guess would be that the hard drive needs replacing. It is very straightforward for someone used to working on computers and the cost of the drive is less than £50 eg Link to Ebuyer

| Mon 25 May 2015 13:25:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martha12

Thanks for that Martin. Looking like a new box then. A little disappointing really as I've only had it about 18 months so not a great advert for Humax. Grateful for the feedback though.

| Fri 29 May 2015 18:43:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

First check if it's still under warranty. If that's expired, contact your retailer and request a repair. Or if you want to save the hassle, try Richer Sounds and ask their price for repairing it.

| Fri 29 May 2015 19:25:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martha12

Many thanks Martin and James. Got past caring with the 9300t so have been and and bought nice all dancing all singing You view T2000.

Great viewing, great quality recordings, loving it after months of broken viewing with the old one.

Just one prob, if I preset to record in HD instead of SD, it is failing to record even though if I watch the programme in HD and record on the red record button, it records the programme without problem so clearly the channel is available, just a little puzzled with that one. Any ideas?

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 14:02:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Which HD channels have you found to be affected by this problem?

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 14:08:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martha12

Mostly BBC HD although on Sunday night CH 4 HD failed to record. Can't understand why it happens if I preset to record. Had set a few programmes for series link in HD but have reset to record SD

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 21:13:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you can watch it for a bit, and work out whether it's all BBC HD channels, or only some of them, that might suggest a possible cause. One possibility: when the YouView box can't record a programme due to conflicts with other timers, it will look for an alternative screening and record that instead. You might not notice this swapping, except when SD is recorded instead of HD.

But if it always happens only with particular channels, while others are unaffected, the explanation would probably be different.

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 21:37:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I wonder if your ariel is OK.

| Sun 23 Aug 2015 18:15:09 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.