My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T 500Gb Recordings List Gone, still showing 52% Full!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick the Spud

My 9300 has been functioning perfectly since christmas but tonight it was trying to record something but was showing as a duplicate of another program already recorded. i tried to delete it and my recordings list is now empty.

i have done a reset and software reset and still nothing. the 'installation' option in the main menu is also unselectable.

i am hoping there is a quick fix but fear i may have to connect it to the pc and transfer the recordings across.

my next worry at this stage is there is no actual guide to doing this, most say 'connect to a pc' but how is this done. some talk of special cables, usb cables, sata cables, or can i just take the disk out and put it in my pc. i already have a sata card with extra external ports.

i have also heard that the 9300 doesn't transfer back very well!

please help...

Rick

| Sun 12 Aug 2012 22:49:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rick the Spud - 2 hours ago  » 
    i have done a reset and software reset and still nothing. the 'installation' option in the main menu is also unselectable.

Turn it off and then on again.

i am hoping there is a quick fix

The quick fix is format the disk from the HDD control menu but this will of course remove all possibility of recovering the existing recordings.

my next worry at this stage is there is no actual guide to doing this, most say 'connect to a pc' but how is this done. some talk of special cables, usb cables, sata cables, or can i just take the disk out and put it in my pc. i already have a sata card with extra external ports.

You can connect it direct to a PC with the correct SATA port.

i have also heard that the 9300 doesn't transfer back very well!

There is a reported (but unverified) problem with putting recordings back on the 9300 but the author of humaxrw is prepared to work with a 9300 owner to try and fix any problem.

| Mon 13 Aug 2012 1:12:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick the Spud

cheers for the help.

the readme that comes with the humaxrw as well as http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-running-humaxrw-on-9300t-please gave me most of the info i needed and it's all done.

the only problem is that all the files are called recovered 001, 002, etc. i used the ts2hrw to create the 'hre' files and used the 'humaxrw 1: -p *.ts' command to copy back the ts elu & epg files but it didn't copy the hre files. the '-g' or '-p' commands wouldn't do anything.

any ideas?

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 23:41:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.