My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T can't view or record different channel group

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter_t

Hardware version - Rev 1.0
    Software version - UPTTF 1.00.27
    Loader version - a 4.40

I have recently got a new 9300T to replace my old one. This new 9300T has a strange problem where it seems unable to decode 2 different channel groups at the same time.

- If watching or recording one channel, or 2 channels from the same channel group, I get a perfect picture/recording (on every channel):
    "Signal Detection" shows Strength of 80+%, and Quality of 100%.

- However, if I try to watch or record 2 channels from different channel groups(eg Ch4 & BBC1), the 2nd channel is scrambled and unwatchable:
    "Signal Detection" shows Strength of 80+%, and varying Quality of 10 - 50%.

My original 9300T never had this problem, and worked perfectly until the hard disk went after a year.
    I have now had 2 replacement machines that both display this problem. It seems to me the 2nd tuner/decoder cannot be working properly?
    Is there a software glitch - or is this a rogue batch of 9300Ts with duff tuners/decoder circuitry from Humax? Or something else entirely?

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks, Pete

| Thu 12 Sep 2013 13:05:50 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi Pete

It does sound as though you have another 9300 with one defective tuner. Contact your supplier for another replacement.

| Mon 16 Sep 2013 13:28:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter_t

Thanks aldaweb.
    It does appear that Humax have sent me 2 machines in succession with defective tuners!!
    Luckily the store gave me my money back, as they recognised that this was unacceptable service, and I was able to buy a different PVR. I nearly gave up on Humax, but ended up getting an HDR-FOX T2 which works perfectly at the moment. I hope this one continues to work, as I will give up on Humax if it goes wrong as well.
    Pete

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 19:10:02 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.