My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300t, issues resolved

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobM

Having owned these brilliant but temperamental machines since 2009, and having almost every problem reported on the forum, I still have the original hard drive, still functioning properly, I hope I can help owners with my tips for resolving issues. Recorded programmes skipping/loss of sound:. The first thing I do is an auto installation, this clears all channels and adds new channels, the Humax is sensitive to channel numbers changing to make way for a new channel, and this can affect recordings. I would recommend carrying out a auto installation periodically, say once month to keep everything fresh. I prefer to carry out a auto installation, wait until two green bars on the progress bar appear press ok button to stop, this clears all channels, I then go into manual installation and install channels manually, my area uses the Sutton coalfield mast, the channel numbers are 39-42-43-45-46-48, for anybody that may be confused, these number contain blocks of channels used in the Freeview guide, for example, channel 39 contains pop,more4,yesterday etc. The reason for this is to avoid installs from other masts nearby that might upset the Humax.This has also been of use when I have problems with the the Humax rebooting unexpectedly. Another issue is loss of all recordings, every time this has happened my recording list has reached 320, at this point I start getting multiple recordings of the same programme, at this point a single reboot and bye bye recordings, I dont let my recordings go above 300 and I'm still cautious at that amount.

| Mon 16 Nov 2020 20:51:56 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.