My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T - Jumps during playback

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Martin's suggestion makes much more sense then mine.

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 14:04:26 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erica Clarke

Thank you Martin. Won't fiddle then, just keep screaming in frustration!

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 14:07:31 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevie-ji

Erica Clarke - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you Martin. Won't fiddle then, just keep screaming in frustration!

The only thing that sometimes works is to pause - then wait a moment for the video to catch up - then press play again. Probably you already know this - but I mention it in case.

If yours is anything like mine, it stutters for a while - trying to sync the sound and video - and then gives up and jumps forward half a minute, or so. The most frustrating thing is rewinding (several times) to try and catch an important part of the dialogue - which sometimes works, depending on where you start again.

I'm going to have to replace it, because if I don't it's going to end up being thrown out of the window.

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 14:30:15 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Far more therapeutic is to place the 9300 on a slab of concrete, take a large sledge hammer and go at it! Very cathartic.

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 15:00:03 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Joger Rones

I'm having the same problems on my 4 year old PVR 500GB of intermittent frame freezing while watching recordings.
    Thought it may be caused (on a programme A) due to fast forwarding through the adverts of a watched previously recorded programme B while recording programme A, or alternately perhaps corrupting B by holding a watched live programme C?
    I've thought of cleaning out the box and returning it to manufacturers settings, but would this delete recordings?
    On my box, the freezing happens mostly on ITV, not on BBC. Odd!

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 18:33:50 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Joger Rones - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I've thought of cleaning out the box and returning it to manufacturers settings, but would this delete recordings?

You can certainly try and it will not delete your existing recordings. It will delete the schedule of future recordings. I am doubtful that it will help with your problem if it is only certain programs that suffer from the problem.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 18:42:59 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevie-ji

Joger Rones - 1 hour ago  » 
    On my box, the freezing happens mostly on ITV, not on BBC. Odd!

Not sure if this is the same problem - mine stutters, rather than freezing, but I haven't found any solutions. Restoring default settings won't affect your recordings, but if you format the disk, which sounds like what you want to do, it will wipe everything. To be honest, this is the one thing I haven't tried, but I think the problem is with the processor, rather than the disk, so I don't think it will help.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 20:32:05 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmb

Having had this problem for many years I have followed this thread with great interest and weighed up all the observations and suggestions. I too have noted that the worst channels are ITV, Channel 4 and Film 4. As Joger says, not so much on BBC. I have pretty much reached the conclusion that it is something in the transmission from some broadcasters which the box cannot cope with and basically there is nothing which we, as consumers, can do other than buy another box which does not suffer from this. I would dearly love to know whether Humax have identified the cause, fixed it, and brought out a product which actually works properly. I read reviews of later models in the hope of finding one but every time I think I have identified one it seems someone reports this same fault. I may have to start looking at other makes.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 12:24:53 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

pmb - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Having had this problem for many years I have followed this thread with great interest and weighed up all the observations and suggestions. I too have noted that the worst channels are ITV, Channel 4 and Film 4. ....... I would dearly love to know whether Humax have identified the cause, fixed it, and brought out a product which actually works properly. .....

Yes, they have. I have a Humax Youview and it works perfectly on Film 4 and Channel 4.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 12:36:46 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pmb - 46 minutes ago  » 
    I have pretty much reached the conclusion that it is something in the transmission from some broadcasters which the box cannot cope with and basically there is nothing which we, as consumers, can do other than buy another box which does not suffer from this.

Yes that is the conclusion I reached. As far as I know this problem doesn't affect the earlier 9200 nor any of the later models ie it only affects the 9300 and 9150

I read reviews of later models in the hope of finding one but every time I think I have identified one it seems someone reports this same fault.

Are you sure it is the same fault? Several things can produce picture break up but these are usually correctable by the user.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 13:15:54 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.