My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T misses beginnning and end of scheduled recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rowan

My 9300T very often misses the last couple of minutes of a scheduled recording entered from the Programme Guide, and it sometimes misses a bit at the beginning too. It's very annoying to have watched a 1 or 2 hour programme and have it cut out just before the end. Is this a known problem? Do they all do it? Is there a way of preventing this happening (other than manually programming the begin and end times and adding a few minutes on, which is what I used to do with my VCR and I thought I'd got away from by buying a recorder with a programme guide!).

I updated the software to the latest in July.

Thanks - Rowan

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 1:28:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

baz

At the expense of AR/series record, you can increase the start and end times. Options 6 and 7 here, Menu->Record:

As stated though, you will not be able to use Accurate Record/Series link (personally I don't use it anyway!)

Thanks

baz

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 10:41:23 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi Rowan and welcome to the forum

Some broadcasters are better than others in transmitting the correct EIT info - the info that triggers the start and stop of recordings. If you want to ensure that a particular programme records in its entirety then you can edit the start and stop times of that programme only without sacrificing the 'accurate recording' for the rest of the schedule. Just go into the schedule select the relevant programme and 'edit' it.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 20:44:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

I've had a 9300 for about 3 years now & when programmes have been entered via the guide, more often than not, beginnings have been missed. I also have a 1TB HDR Fox T2, we were watching a recording yesterday, when the wife had the urge to make herself a cup of tea.......I put the Fox T2 on pause and after few minutes the clock screen saver came on. The 9300 is in the same stack as the Fox T2 and I noticed that the clock on the T2 is approx 45 seconds in front of that on the 9300. If the clock is slow on the 9300 this must be reason for the missed beginnings..........

Gerry

| Sat 24 Dec 2011 17:50:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Wotan - 3 days ago  » 
    I've had a 9300 for about 3 years now & when programmes have been entered via the guide, more often than not, beginnings have been missed. I also have a 1TB HDR Fox T2, we were watching a recording yesterday, when the wife had the urge to make herself a cup of tea.......I put the Fox T2 on pause and after few minutes the clock screen saver came on. The 9300 is in the same stack as the Fox T2 and I noticed that the clock on the T2 is approx 45 seconds in front of that on the 9300. If the clock is slow on the 9300 this must be reason for the missed beginnings..........
    Gerry

Nice theory, but that is not what is happening.
    When using the 'on time' recording feature the box starts looking for the start of the programme 15 minutes before the scheduled start. After that is does not look at the clock apart from terminating waiting for the start of the progarmme until at least a couple of hours later.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 21:25:05 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.