My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T, no access to recorded programmes

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stuart23

9300T worked well until recently. I had the continuous reboot issue a few weeks ago (prog version 4.39), but next day seemed working normally again

Now cannot get access to recorded programmes at all, button on remote just won't take me there. Having looked at other messages in this forum, I tried to factory reset. It, in due course, returns to a "do you want to format a hard disk drive" Y/N screen (I answer no, as I presume recordings will be lost, but if that is the easiest solution, I'm happy)

In case relevant, the minor issues I've had were when using accelerated playback there ought to be x2/x4/x8/x16/x32/x64, but long ago the x8 option disappeared. Also the sound playback (and some vision) could get corrupted, I always assumed this was a symptom of using the fast forward through ads, but maybe just because some were relatively old recordings

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 0:39:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Stuart23 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Now cannot get access to recorded programmes at all, button on remote just won't take me there. Having looked at other messages in this forum, I tried to factory reset. It, in due course, returns to a "do you want to format a hard disk drive" Y/N screen (I answer no, as I presume recordings will be lost, but if that is the easiest solution, I'm happy)

If you don't mind losing the recordings then that would be the obvious thing to try. It may be the file system has become corrupt which might be fixable or it might be that the hard drive is approaching end of life.

Also the sound playback (and some vision) could get corrupted, I always assumed this was a symptom of using the fast forward through ads, but maybe just because some were relatively old recordings

There is a known issue with the 9300 (and 9150) that causes playback problems on certain programs.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 11:21:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stuart23 - 12 hours ago  » 
    In case relevant, the minor issues I've had were when using accelerated playback there ought to be x2/x4/x8/x16/x32/x64, but long ago the x8 option disappeared.

I believe that is a red herring. Like the 9200T which the 9300T was based on the 9300T has never had an x8.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 12:54:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 
    I believe that is a red herring. Like the 9200T which the 9300T was based on the 9300T has never had an x8.

I think you are right. My 9150T doesn't have a x8 but does have the other speeds.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 14:48:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stuart23

Yes, unit working again after accepting the "Do you want to format a hard disk" prompt (albeit with expected loss of previous recordings). Recorded another programme to check sorted, it is, so thank you

Also noted the input on the other "minor symptoms", that one doesn't exist, and the other is a known occasional performance shortfall

Anyway, bye, and thanks again

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 11:56:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.