My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T not switching on

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mainstreamliam

Hi,
    First post due to first problem on my 2yr old PVR. The machine wouldn't switch on this morning hence I switched off at the rear. Now when I try and turn it on, I see Version a4.38 loading, the bar reaches 100% (sometimes looks like 97%), then the screen shows grey horizontal lines for a few seconds and then the box reboots again. It continues this cycle without ever providing a TV picture. I've had a search, but cannot find a solution. I've tried holding standby as I switch it on, but I get the same result. Can anyone help with this issue or advise how I can get it back on?
    Thanks

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 14:40:25 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Remove the aerial then try again. If the machine stays ON go into MENU and do a Default Setting, switch OFF, reconnect the aerial, switch ON and do another Default Setting. Remember you should remove the mains plug before disconnecting/reconnecting the aerial to comply with the Humax warning notice.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 15:17:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mainstreamliam

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 15:43:03 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Now check to see if you've got channels numbered 800, 801, 802, etc., check Radio and TV groups. If you have it means you've received signals from more than one transmitter during the Automatic Search, you need to do a Manual Search to prevent this. Follow my instructions here.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 15:53:23 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Can you also tell us the software version on board, just to make sure you have latest.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 15:56:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mainstreamliam

Hi
    I scanned for channels (if 801 radio 1,then I have it), reformatted the drive and also re set all settings but the problem is back. There doesn't appear to be any pattern, but the box struggles to go in at certain times.
    I'll check software version when I get back from work, but I know it said last software update was July11 - I haven't used it for a year. I tried to prompt a software update over the last few days, but no new software was found (I saw a separate link showing an update was broadcast from the 24th). I left the update scheduler in last night and the box struggled at 4pm, waking me up as it was trying and failing to load.
    Any other ideas as the box is only 2 years old and I've only used it for 10 months or so (moved house and used tivo in main room) so really hope its not a write off.
    Thanks

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 8:09:58 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Radio channels should be numbered 701/702 etc

Having a 801 entry suggests tuned to more then one transmitter. So check tuning as per link Biggles posted in #4

Suspect you already have latest software, but check via Menu, System, Status, second line should read UPTTF 1.00.26

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 8:56:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mainstreamliam

OK, I'll give that a check when I get back from work. Hope it's the solution!
    Thanks

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 11:30:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mainstreamliam

I can't even get the box to load tonight. Any way of forcing it to load?

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 20:21:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mainstreamliam - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can't even get the box to load tonight. Any way of forcing it to load?

If you are prepared to take the lid off the Humax ( with the mains power disconnected) then try disconnecting the hard drive. If the box will now boot it suggests the problem is with the drive. If that is the case try running the hard drive manufacturers diagnostics on the drive. If they report it is OK then format the drive in a PC and then return it to the Humax.

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 21:50:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.