My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T remarkable improvement

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4u

Hi all,
    For what it's worth, a little story:
    I recently picked up an old 9300T. I reformatted the HDD and did a complete retune (disconnected the aerial lead, ran a re-tune so it found no signals, saved that, re-connected the aerial and ran a further re-tune and saved the results). It worked, but proved to be pretty temperamental. Very slow to respond to commands and if impatient, locked up. Sometimes recorded a program different from that requested. Many programmes looked to be recorded but were not playable. Reformatted again and behaved much the same. All the same old problems.
    I decided to put in a 2.5inch 5400rpm HDD I'd got laying around just to try it. Formatted and re-tuned again.
    WOW!!! What a difference! Has run faultlessly now for weeks, recording and playing back properly. And so much faster to respond to commands! Really pleased, I am.
    Hope that helps somebody.

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 16:48:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

Thank you for posting this. I am in a similar position with my 9300 after over 10 years of relatively trouble free use. Reluctant to just throw it out.

I am sure i have an old 2.5" laptop drive lying around somewhere, so when time permits i will try bunging it in with the hope i can salvage this PVR.

Thanks again.

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 14:01:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4u

Hi fluffy54,
    Thanks for your response.
    I'm sure a 3.5 inch 5400rpm (or faster) would effect the same improvement - doesn't have to be 2.5 inch - that's what I had to hand!
    My Hummy continues to work extremely well and I just picked up another, so I'll report back in due course!
    Best regards, a4U

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 9:34:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

a4u - 6 days ago  » 
    I decided to put in a 2.5inch 5400rpm HDD I'd got laying around just to try it. Formatted and re-tuned again.

What make and model was the drive you removed?

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 10:57:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4u

It was a WD3200AVVS 'Green Power'.
    Hope that helps?
    a4u

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 12:36:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

The only drive spare i had was a 2.5" one (just for testing purposes). The HD on mine is a also a WD3200AVVS.

The only problem my 9300T has is not recording scheduled programs. If i power on the unit, about 10 minutes before the scheduled recording starts, it will record fine. BUT, if i leave the unit on standby it will not start to record.
    Manual recordings however, work fine.

So i fitted this spare drive, set the unit to default, formatted the drive,& manual channel search.

Will see what happens tonight when it is scheduled to record "Neighbours" (PS....for the wife.)

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 13:53:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4u

Good luck! I've not seen many reports of failing to 'wake up' to record a scheduled programme.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 15:00:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

Passed the "Neighbours" test. Will leave this spare drive in over the weekend.......if still ok I will order a "proper" replacement drive.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 20:53:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4u

Good news and well done!
    a4u

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 23:07:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

It seems the celebrations were a bit premature. Been out shopping most of the afternoon & powered up the TV and everything connected to it at 4PM. I noticed that at 17:30 it had not started to record the scheduled program. Had a close look at the LCD screen & noticed the time was displayed as 13:15!

Appears that whatever controls the time has malfunctioned?

Never had this happen before.

| Fri 23 Mar 2018 20:40:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.