My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300t won't record 'channel scrambled error' after manual retune

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wolfmanii

Hi,
    my mum's 9300T needed to be retuned recently and decided to pick up the wrong transmitters channels. Therefore I followed instructions to wipe channels and perform a manual retune.

This appeared to go OK, but now anything she records after a few minutes says that it is scrambled and stops playing.

I have tried a reset on the system, followed by a manual retune, but the same effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 9:29:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wolfmanii - 22 minutes ago  » 
    This appeared to go OK, but now anything she records after a few minutes says that it is scrambled and stops playing.

The most likely explanation is that the file system has become corrupt. If that is the case then formatting the disk from the HDD Control Menu will fix the problem.

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 9:54:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wolfmanii

Cheers, wondered about this but could not find anything posted. I have warned her that I may need to do this. So will give it ago in a few days.

Much apprecited for the fast response!

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 10:47:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wolfmanii

Nope hasn't worked. Starts playing recorded program's, then get message that channel is scrambled. Any further ideas?

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:54:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wolfmanii - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Nope hasn't worked. Starts playing recorded program's, then get message that channel is scrambled. Any further ideas?

I take it that watching programs live via the box works OK? I think you have done the obvious things. I still think it is most likely to be a disk problem. If the box is out of warranty then opening it and connecting the disk to a PC and running the disk manufacturers diagnostics would be my way forward. Maybe somebody else has an alternative theory.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 18:00:33 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.