My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

A non Tech question

(5 posts)
  1. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi all, we are shortly getting BT Vision along with its Vision box. Currently we have a Humax HD Fox T2 set top box ( non recordable) and this will become redundant when we get the BT Vision box. My question is this, I am probably going to reluctantly sell the Humax but there are a couple of points that Im not 100% sure about. Ive checked EBay for example prices, but I think the second hand Humax HD Fox T2's that are advertised on there must be the ones that can record programmes as well as just being the set top box. Mine is just the set top box and Im not sure how much to advertise it as, especially in Ebay.
    It will be a shame to sell my Humax but I would prefer to let someone else have the benefit of it rather than it gathering dust in the cupboard. Any comments would be appreciated ~ andy whitham

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 11:05:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

All HD FOX T2's provided they have the later firmware upgrades can be used as a recorder simply by adding a usb drive. Apart from only having a single tuner they work virtually the same as the twin tuner HDR FOX T2 which has a built in hard disc.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 11:17:53 #2 |
  3. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

My advice is to keep the T2, and use it for a TV in the kitchen or bedroom.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 11:19:42 #3 |
  4. andywhitham

andywhitham

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated ~ aw

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 12:00:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andywhitham - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Mine is just the set top box and Im not sure how much to advertise it as, especially in Ebay.

No such thing as an HD-FOX T2 that can't be turned into a recorder (by the addition of a drive and possibly upgrading the firmware). Sell it for the same price as all the others.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 12:01:10 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.