My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Accurate Recording on Channel 4HD

(9 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Does Channel 4HD not use Accurate Recording? I have now had several C4HD recordings that have cut off before the end of the programme, and it appears to record (for example) exactly 60 minutes. Other channels (BBC, ITV and C5) all seem to record the full programme and the length varies to, say 59mins or 62mins etc.

For tonight's Kevin McCloud Grand Designs I have set up a manual redording, adding 5mins to the end.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 18:21:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I don't know about your particular examples but the fire in September at Red Bee’s Broadcast Centre caused disruption with the Accurate Recording of Channel 4's channels. I was going to revert my manual timers back to accurate recording ones but I think I'll leave them be for a little longer as timers with padding.

The accurate recording signal works off the now and next information and some impacted services have taken a longer than others to get fixed or have a workaround.

There is a mention of the now and next details for Chanel 4 in this article published soon after the fire
    https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/channel-4-and-5-impact-drags-on-following-red-bee-incident.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 22:17:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I record GBBO every week and I have no problem getting the complete program. Others have complained that they do not get the add before the credits and therefore miss the banter between Noel and Matt, but I understand that is a broadcaster issue and not an issue with the Aura.

My old HDR upstairs records the exact same amount as the Aura, including missing the very start of the Noel/Matt banter, so it seems Channel 4 are still having the issues mentioned by Luke above. I will take note next week to see if I am only getting 60 mins or more/less.

| Thu 18 Nov 2021 11:57:49 #3 |
  4. Manclad

Manclad

There is definitely something still not right with C4HD since the disruption. The volume levels are a lot lower than most other channels now.

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 16:09:07 #4 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Manclad - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is definitely something still not right with C4HD since the disruption. The volume levels are a lot lower than most other channels now.

I can back this up as I am seeing the same issues with missed starts and the lower volume.

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 18:09:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Looks like Channel 4 could be back to normal now...

Recorded the final of GBBO last night and the program started 19:59. I got the Channel 4 pre-ad and Aldi sponsorship in full and the program went on until 21:17, so a two minute overrun.

Anyone else find things getting back to normal now?

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:33:24 #6 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 2 hours ago  » 
    Anyone else find things getting back to normal now?

I've got Grand Designs set to record tonight so I'll get rid of the manual padding and see what happens.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 12:10:57 #7 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

My recording of Grand Designs worked OK, the recording lasted 1hr 2mins and didn't chop off the end of the programme. Fingers crossed it's sorted now.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 13:48:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    My recording of Grand Designs worked OK, the recording lasted 1hr 2mins and didn't chop off the end of the programme. Fingers crossed it's sorted now.

That's good to hear

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 16:02:34 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.