My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Advice for OLED TV owners.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Despite a plethora of contradicting reports online, I can categorically confirm that an OLED panel can suffer screen burn or image retention.
    Because the 4000t/5000t units have no "screensaver" facility when paused, I now have a lovely ghost image of both the volume triangle and the big blue play button.
    My LG ec930v has screen dimming that kicks in after a while but obviously this has not been enough to prevent the issue. My model does a pixel refresh while the TV is in standby (not fully off) but it is unable to clear this up.
    With newer models, I believe that you can run this refresh directly from the settings. If newer models have a proper screensaver option, I suggest that you set this up.
    This has only become apparent since I moved in to care for my old Dad and I was frequently pausing either live TV or recordings if he needed anything.

| Thu 2 Jan 2020 17:07:17 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I wish you and your Dad the best for the new year.
    Hopefully it will be a good new new year

| Thu 2 Jan 2020 19:54:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Thank you and best wishes to you too.

| Thu 2 Jan 2020 20:15:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Yep I have screenburn on my lg oled t.v. because of pausing on humax.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 16:34:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Barneyboy - 8 mins ago  » 
    Yep I have screenburn on my lg oled t.v. because of pausing on humax.

Can I suggest that you do as I have and take photos and send them to Humax. The easiest way is to go onto YouTube and search for rgb test. You will find lots of sequences of varying lengths, begin playing and pause on the colours where the image retention is most visible. (after pausing, press the back button on the remote and you then have the full screen image).
    Unfortunately it's too late for us but I have asked them to update the firmware to include a screensaver.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 16:49:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.