My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Advice please new user

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hotpot

Hi all on the forum

I currently have a free-view box You-View, as i wish to move to a Free-sat system such as the, HDR1100S 500G. I will of course remove the old You View box.
    I have an old sat dish in place (sky) so i can just connect to that but but do not know if the cables/LNB are ok, as its not been used for about a year.

I also wish to tidy the back of the TV up as its a mass of cables and looks untidy, If the existing system is not working, John Lewis will install a new dish cables etc (watch and Record) and connect the new box HDR1100S.
    The new HDR1100S can connect via wireless and ethernet ???
    Comments appreciated please

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 21:17:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes the 1100S has WiFi and a Ethernet socket. I take it the Sky dish has two cables connected (it was a Sky+ box).

Before you connect check the coax cables for any sign of water, if the water seal at the dish end fails they can make rather good pipes and let water into your satellite box.

There is no reason why you can't use both boxes, by the way.

Freeview has some channels not on Freesat including extra HD (and SD) ones, provided you are on one of the main transmitters with Com 7 mux.

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 22:03:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hotpot

Thank you.
    I do not wish to use both boxes as it makes the back of the telly look a mess and if you are after looking after your grand children [There is no reason why you can't use both boxes, by the way.]
    its untidy. Yes it did have two cables Sky+
    Is my logic ok on this

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 22:18:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hotpot - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you.
    I do not wish to use both boxes as it makes the back of the telly look a mess and if you are after looking after your grand children [There is no reason why you can't use both boxes, by the way.]
    its untidy. Yes it did have two cables Sky+
    Is my logic ok on this

No problems then.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 22:57:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hotpot

Well I have done it bought a new box today HDR1100S 500Gfrom John lewis in liverpool.

They will install a new sat dish and cables on Wednesday the 18th November, for watch and record, let you know how I get on.

| Fri 13 Nov 2015 22:42:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hotpot

Any comments please as to the best way to setup. New dish will be fitted Friday the 20 due to bad weather wind etc.
    Hope it works ok and I have no problems.

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 23:08:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.