My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All my recordings have been deleted!

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Over the Christmas period I had used the Android Freesat app to request various programmes to be recorded on my Humax HDR-1000S box but when I next ran the app it said the recordings had failed.

I powered up the box from standby but it wasn't working correctly so I powered it off at the mains plug for a short time. It then seemed to work fine.

A few days ago I sent more requests via the Freesat app for recordings and when I tried to send another request today I got the message that the previous recordings had failed.

So I investigated by powering on the box from standby and I found that all my recordings have been deleted (the planned recordings are still there)!

Has anyone else experienced phantom deletions?

Thanks

Paul

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 23:24:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Ignore my previous post.

After finding that my recordings had disappeared earlier this evening I set a programme to be recorded by using the Humax box
    instead of the Android Freesat app.

A few minutes ago I powered on the box from standby and this recording was made successfully and all the previous recordings are back!

Strange?

Sorry for my panic post.

Paul

| Tue 13 Jan 2015 0:29:30 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A theory is if you look at the recording list just after powering on you can catch it before the list has finished been built and other tests are complete - like on-demand is available.

Re; app - does the unit settings show it has been, and still is correctly paired?

| Tue 13 Jan 2015 2:19:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Repassac

After reading your post I unpaired my Samsung S3 phone with my Humax box and paired it again.

Tested it by requesting a recording using the Freesat app on my phone and everything worked fine.

Thanks

Paul

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 20:20:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

This evening I powered up my Humax box from standby and again it reported that I had no recordings with less 1% of the 1TB disk used.

I turned off the power at the wall socket for 10 minutes. When I then accessed the Humax box all my recordings were back and it showed that 40% of the 1TB disk was used!

There must be something going wrong with my Humax HDR-1000S box.

Should I be contacting Humax to get my box replaced under warranty?

Thanks

Paul

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 23:43:55 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think it is just a quirk that can occur when looking before the list has finished being built.

Avoid pulling the plug unless the unit is already in standby as it is nearly always writing to the time slip buffer.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 7:53:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

This morning I woke the Humax box from standby and again all my recordings have gone.

BTW Repassac, I never had a problem in the past with waiting for the the recording list to build.

I have just spoken to Robert in Humax support who said it sounded like a disk sector error. He then conferred with his supervisor and came back to say that I should do a box reset which will reformat the hard disk!

Why would a disk sector error not show when I cold boot the Humax box?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 12:57:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Repassac

You could be correct about building the recording list as a few moments ago I reawakened my Humax box (about 15 minutes after I had put it into standby) and this time the recordings are there!

The question I have is why the recording list is now taking so long to build while in the past it was there to view as soon as the box was switched on from standby?

Paul

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 13:16:06 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Like any multi-tasking computer there are a variety of tasks which run at startup, many may take a fixed amount of time others a variable amount (Perhaps updating the EPG and on-demand for example). Some may wait for a response from a freesat server
    It is quite common to try and display a screen before the boot process is complete, as Microsoft does with Windows. Those with quick fingers on the remote may notice the odd second at startup before the service routing for remote presses starts.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 13:47:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Would the recent slowness of building the recordings list on my Humax box be caused by corruption of its Linux file system (Ext4?) which could be sorted by running the Linux fsck command?

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 15:25:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.