My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All recordings lost!!!!!

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jocookie

Help! This morning all of my recordings have disappeared. Last night they were all there? I've tried unplugging for 10 mins and not asking for recordings straight after switch on?
    Thanks

| Mon 3 Aug 2015 8:18:17 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try going into standby for 10 mins. Bootup wait 5 mins and check settings for storage, followed by recordings.

| Mon 3 Aug 2015 9:59:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I think there should be a generic message for this issue e.g. unplug from mains, wait a few minutes, power up again and hey presto, recordings have returned. 'Now that's magic'.

| Mon 3 Aug 2015 22:40:06 #3 |
  4. launton

launton

Looks like they've already tried that from the 1st post.

| Tue 4 Aug 2015 20:48:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

launton - 2 hours ago  » 
    Looks like they've already tried that from the 1st post.

Yes but did they restart it correctly? If you don't reboot in the correct sequence you're back to square one.

| Tue 4 Aug 2015 23:01:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Yes but did they restart it correctly? If you don't reboot in the correct sequence you're back to square one.

Sounds like you've done that before, did you power up, unplug and then wait ?

This seems to happen quite often and many users recordings don't magically return.

| Tue 4 Aug 2015 23:52:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 2 days ago  » 

Faust - 46 minutes ago  » 

Sounds like you've done that before, did you power up, unplug and then wait ?
    This seems to happen quite often and many users recordings don't magically return.

No when it happened to me the very first time I did what 'everyone' should do. I searched on these forums to see if it had happened to other users and if so what did they do to solve it.

The waiting bit is what many don't do, at least not for long enough.

| Fri 7 Aug 2015 22:50:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simufly

Ok so what in very simple terms, is the correct sequence for a reboot as we have lost all our recording and the machine will not record at all.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 20:16:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tecflyboss

Apologies to butt-in on these unanswered questions, but I have had similar problems

Humax HDR 1010s 1Tb purchased approx. 18 months ago. It seems I have had an internal HD meltdown, but strangely without any error message.

2 days ago all recordings disappeared. Did not resolve with a reboot. I tried recording a channel this evening and the box was unresponsive. I checked 'storage' under system settings and there is no internal hard-drive information, only "connect a USB HDD to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live tv".

Tried a factory reset to no avail.

It strikes me that the HDD is corrupt, but surprising that I have had no warning/error message.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 21:14:32 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum tecflyboss

If you have tried the suggestion in the second post of this thread and still no joy it would probably indicate the HDD or main board has failed.

Question: Did you register the unit with Humax for the 2 year warranty?

| Thu 13 Aug 2015 10:29:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.