My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Alternative Remote Control

(43 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Right, I've had my 4000T for 12 months now and one of my biggest bugbears, apart from the inability to re-order my recordings and those useless, space-wasting icons, is the poorly laid out remote control.

I am going to try one of the alternative remotes built for the 4000T and wondered if anyone on here had already done so and what there recommendations were.

Thanks

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 19:04:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

vandelay

I've been using the Logitech Harmony, I highly recommend it.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 0:01:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

The original fox t2 remote works very well, with all the same options, a lot more responsive too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 1:51:13 #3 |
  4. Bargepower

Bargepower

I have a Logitech Harmony Ultimate - works everything, I've gone from 7 remotes to one - which recharges on its stand overnight. You can even program the remote to do sequences of button presses and allocate keys to specific tasks...

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 10:51:34 #4 |
  5. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Chirper - 16 hours ago  » 
    The original fox t2 remote works very well, with all the same options, a lot more responsive too.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And gives you direct access to the list of recordings by using the media button. I actually now use a One For All URC 7960.

David.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 18:02:07 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks for all the replies.

The Logitech harmony looks great, but is probably overkill for my needs as for 95% of the time I only use the Humax remote with occasional use of the Samsung TV remote.

I was originally thinking that one of the dedicated remotes made specifically for the FVP 4000T, i.e. the RM-Series or the Classic, would be more suitable for my needs and was wondering if anyone was using either of those. However, after mentioning my frustrations to my Dad he's just brought me an old One For All, the URC-7140 so I'm going to see how I get on with that.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 19:15:04 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 2 hours ago  » 
    The Logitech harmony looks great, but is probably overkill for my needs as for 95% of the time I only use the Humax remote with occasional use of the Samsung TV remote.
    I was originally thinking that one of the dedicated remotes made specifically for the FVP 4000T, i.e. the RM-Series or the Classic, would be more suitable for my needs and was wondering if anyone was using either of those. However, after mentioning my frustrations to my Dad he's just brought me an old One For All, the URC-7140 so I'm going to see how I get on with that.

There are much cheaper Harmony remotes that would meet your requirements.

https://www.box.co.uk/Logitech_Harmony_350_Control_Wireless_Un_1741218.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnvfDBRCXrabLl6-6t-0BEiQAW4SRUBZkAZ_-_hhI1WDxjgHnci_mKwioYMN_4CXMYIpxHd4aApNX8P8HAQ

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 22:00:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The wife and I must be the only people who love the simplicity of seperate remotes. We have six laid out on our coffee table, each is a different shape and each has a name and device stamped on it.

What could be simpler? There is no way either of us want the brain-ache of one remote trying to remember what button does what. Oh well, to each their own as they say.

The other thing with just one control, I don't think it's quick enough or performs the functions for the way I use my devices. For example, I will turn on my TV followed by both my Humax PVRs. I then go to each PVR go into recordings and leave them on screen. Then I use the TV remote to quickly switch between HDMI inputs so I can quickly see all the recordings on each PVR or what is currently recording. Once I have done that we choose what we want to watch and start the playback.

All this is done very quickly indeed. I doubt a programmable remote would respond so quickly or easily. Neither do I want lots of devices switching on together, it's just not how I like to use my devices.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 23:48:20 #8 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Stephenesque - 2 hours ago  » 

There are much cheaper Harmony remotes that would meet your requirements.
    https://www.box.co.uk/Logitech_Harmony_350_Control_Wireless_Un_1741218.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnvfDBRCXrabLl6-6t-0BEiQAW4SRUBZkAZ_-_hhI1WDxjgHnci_mKwioYMN_4CXMYIpxHd4aApNX8P8HAQ

The remote I was considering is less than half the price of that, a mere £11.99, and would probably do everything I wanted it to.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/RM-Replacement-Control-FVP-4000T-MOCHA/dp/B01DVI67OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1484695253&sr=8-1&keywords=fvp+4000T+remote

The One for All was even cheaper than that, it was free off my Dad , and I'm already finding it is easier to use after one evening than the RM-L03 was after 12 months. It is also more responsive, and, unlike the Humax, does what it's supposed to do.

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 0:29:18 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Faust - 49 minutes ago  » 
    The wife and I must be the only people who love the simplicity of seperate remotes.. .

Oh, I too prefer separate, dedicated remotes. Although I am trying out a Universal Remote at the moment I am using it exclusively to operate the FVP 4000T, to replace the RM-L03 which I have grown to loathe.

Although I don't need to do so often, I shall continue to use the Samsung remote for my TV, the Sony for my DVD player and the Orbitsound remote for my soundbar.

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 0:42:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.