My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Alternative Remote Control

(43 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

car3107 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Am I right in assuming that the "info" button on the aftermarket fvp-4000t remote made by Classic won't actually do anything on a 4000t? And same for the PIP button, and the "skip ahead/skip back" buttons?

I don't have the after market remote, but can confirm recoding another Humax remote (freesat) for use with an FVP the info and skip fwd/back do nothing.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 11:29:42 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Here's the complete command list from the Logitech Database for the FVP-4000T. Any command not listed (like the skip or info function) would have to use a macro with the command sequence you use on a 4000T to get the action you want on a single button.

Note no power toggle is listed because that is incorporated into the action sequence you invoke to start the activity.

Perhaps Barry would consider adding the command list to the faq's.

AD
    Back
    Blue
    ChannelDown
    ChannelPrev
    ChannelUp
    DirectionDown
    DirectionLeft
    DirectionRight
    DirectionUp
    Exit
    FastForward
    Green
    Guide
    Home
    Mute
    OK
    On
    OnDemand
    Pause
    Play
    Record
    Red
    Rewind
    Search
    Stop
    Subtitle
    Teletext
    VolumeDown
    VolumeUp
    Yellow
    +

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 12:24:00 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

So aside from PIP, do you guys think that if Humax wanted to, it is technically feasible for a future firmware update to include a one-button "info" command, or skip-ahead/skip-back...? And by the way, why is there a Teletext command? Didn't Teletext shut down when analogue broadcasts finished?

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 15:09:14 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Info button I very much doubt any changes will be forthcoming on this model.

Skip is still available using the left/right cursor keys.

Text button works on eg BBC channels if you do not want to use the later red button service.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 15:18:30 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Thanks.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 15:41:53 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Using a Logitech Harmony 600 now, and very pleased - only shortcoming is that Logitech seems to only have the command set from the original 4000t remote (rm L01 is it?) and not the later versions that included direct-to-Netflix and direct-to-recordings buttons...

Unfortunately I don't have one of the new remotes to hand so can't have the Harmony "learn" by direct signal transfer. Anyone know of another way to get those commands into the Harmony, or do I just wait in hope that Logitech will eventually update its command set for the 4000t?

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 19:19:57 #36 |
  7. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Don't use a harmony myself (have OFA Xsight) but a good resource for remote codes is hifi-remote forums or you could check out Remote Central

I'm only familiar with programming the OFA remotes though.

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 18:55:01 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Found a workaround - Lied to the Harmony 600 setup and told it I was using the Humax HDR1100s, whose remote, it would seem, talks just fine to the fvp4000t. The HDR1100s uses most of the same commands as the 4000t, but with the inclusion of the "Recordings" button I was looking for. It's missing the "OnDemand" and the "Plus" commands, but since I do have a first generation 4000t remote to hand, it was easy enough to use it to "teach" those commands to the Harmony.

Being able to get to Recordings with a single click instead of the drudgery and lost milliseconds of have having to do TWO clicks each time (home -> recordings) is so totally worth the 4+ hours I spent looking into this stuff, programming, testing, reprogramming etc etc etc.

Consumer tech obsessives - we're all just mad.

| Sun 30 Apr 2017 15:38:57 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

I posted on Logitech's support site and it looks like Humax haven't supplied them with the codes that go with the FVP-4000t's new-version remotes:

Harmony remote - latest Humax 4000t command set

Hi - using my harmony 600 remote to control a humax fvp4000t freeview/on-demand/ recorder; the remote on the original release of this model didn't have a Netflix button or a direct-to-recordings-list button, but the later remotes have these. Logitech's command set for this unit doesn't have these commands yet - will Logitech be updating their command set for this machine to include these commands?

Answer

1 answer

LKHarmony (Logitech)

LKHarmony

Hello c1006,

It’s unfortunate that we don’t have any matching command set for your model and we can’t generate such IR codes on our own. I’d request you to contact the Manufacturer and get the IR codes in Hex or Pronto code format for those codes. Once you get the codes send it to me, I’ll have codes converted and add it in your device.

| Thu 4 May 2017 13:48:11 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

I emailed Humax to see about getting the full new-remote 4000t codes and they responded with this (below). If this is the case, then how does Logitech have the original-version of the 4000t's remote codes, as well as the remote codes for all the other Humax boxes?

From Humax:

---------------------------------
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting Humax.

We do not hold any Hex codes as our units are not supported to run with any 3rd party remote and recommend to use the remote that came with the unit.

Best Regards,

Lauren
    Humax Customer Support

| Fri 5 May 2017 12:30:18 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.