My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Alternative remotes for Foxsat?

(4 posts)
  1. simoncroft

simoncroft

This is my first post, so I'd like to start by saying thank you for the information and community dialogue this forum is providing. (And I read a lot before posting.)

A week ago, we jumped ship from Sky to the Foxsat-HDR. There's a lot to be impressed with but also a lot to learn.

I know it's early days but, for us, the supplied remote has too many small buttons that we find impossible to read and hard to access. Ergonomically, the Sky remote seemed a lot easier to use for tasks such as forwarding past ad breaks, because the buttons are bigger and better laid out IMHO.

Do other Humax users feel the same way? If so, could you advise on alternative remotes you've found to be better?

| Sat 19 May 2012 2:11:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

Have a look at Logitech Harmony remote control range. The Foxsat-hdr works fine with these.

| Sat 19 May 2012 9:45:15 #2 |
  3. simoncroft

simoncroft

Thank you for that. In an outbreak of KISS, we've reduced the home system to the Humax box and a JVC TV, so I reckon the Harmony 300 would do nicely. I think the missus will especially like the 'watch TV' button.

| Sat 19 May 2012 14:16:11 #3 |
  4. simoncroft

simoncroft

For the benefit of anyone who's wondering if the Logitech Harmony 300 is for them, the on-line set-up was easy. The Watch TV button is great because it switches the TV and PVR on/off. The 'transport' controls for recorded material (Play/Rewind etc) etc are bigger, which was the main ask. The only downside so far is that the OK and navigation buttons are much smaller, compared to the Humax remote. Nothing's perfect in this world but this is probably a better compromise for us. We'll probably add an AV amp soon, so the fact this remote supports two more devices is fine. As far as I know, the difference between this and the new 300i model is mainly cosmetic.

| Sat 26 May 2012 2:01:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.