My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Amazon Prime

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Les_W

Hi
    My setup is as follows, an old Sony Bravo TV that unfortunately doesn't have WiFi capabilities. A Humax 1100S that does connect to my WiFi network. Finally an old Sony Blueray DVD that like the TV cannot connect to the WiFi.

My problem is I have an Amazon Prime membership but cannot view it on my tv. The reason is that it needs an internet connection but the only device possessing one is my Humax box that doesn't have an Amazon App. Ironically my DVD player, which is older, does have an Amazon App and if I string a long CAT5 cable from my router to the LAN socket on the DVD, it connects and I can watch Amazon Prime.

My question is, both the Humax box and the DVD player have LAN sockets so, is there a way by using a LAN Crossover cable between the Humax and DVD, I can receive the WiFi via the Humax and then use the Humax as a repeater to feed the DVD with an internet connection via the Crossover cable.

Bit of a long shot but as Humax don't look like they are planning to release an update with an Amazon App, and I don't want to fork out for an Amazon Firestick, I cannot think of any other solutions.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Best Regards

Les _W
    Sent from my iPad

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 13:55:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Les_W - 1 hour ago  » 
    My question is, both the Humax box and the DVD player have LAN sockets so, is there a way by using a LAN Crossover cable between the Humax and DVD, I can receive the WiFi via the Humax and then use the Humax as a repeater to feed the DVD with an internet connection via the Crossover cable.

There is no chance that will work. Either use Homeplugs (I have a couple that you can have for £10 if that helps) to feed the DVD player from the router or use a Wi-Fi bridge.

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 15:39:00 #2 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

One of THESE any good?

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 16:07:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Les_W

Hi
    Martin, I have a couple of HomePlugs knocking about the house. It's a good call and I will give them a try.

Trev, a Firestick is the fall back position and a couple of mates suggested waiting till Black Friday (or whatever they call it) when Amazon drop them to about £25. My problem is the TV only has one HMDI input ( it is 2006 vintage but still a brilliant picture). Need to get the missus to agree to buy a new telly and all problems solved.

Les

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 16:57:42 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Les_W - 22 mins ago  » Need to get the missus to agree to buy a new telly and all problems solved.
    Les

Now yer talkin'. Go for it, you know it makes sense.

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 17:20:48 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.