My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Amending Recordings menu

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sarahriggs

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Freesat so still learning the tricks of the trade!

One niggle i've noticed is when i've been away and have a whole bunch of stuff to catch up on, anything that is part of a series (for hypothetical reasons, i will call it Eastenders!) is put in a "folder" and when "most recent" is selected, Eastenders is put in order of the most recent recording.
    So, for example, i haven't watched Eastenders since last Friday, but when viewing "most recent" the Eastenders folder is up the top with my recordings from today! (I hope this makes sense!)

I like to watch things from oldest to newest, but these folders make it difficult to do so!

Is there any way of opting out of the "folders" and showing each episode individually on the recordings menu?

When i was using the Virgin Tivo box, i could press a button to remove the folders but can't see one on the Freesat box!

Thanks in advance.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 0:10:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

No, that's the way it is when setting a series record and cannot be changed. The s/w is owned by Freesat who are often resistant to any suggestions for change.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 10:55:57 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It gets very confusing when the broadcaster includes episode numbers. The order is then in episode number order irrespective of the date and time transmitted. On long running series or ones like the recent showing of the Ozzie daytime Dr series where they showed two series consecutively the media list was a shambles (both series had episode numbers starting at 1). No idea why they dropped the date and time of the recording in the synopses and the sorting capability found on the Foxsat-hdr.

If you have a series recording for a programme with two episodes on one night and it has episode numbers it will be in the opposite order to one without.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:21:06 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    It gets very confusing when the broadcaster includes episode numbers.

How's about this for confusing when I went to watch Mrs Brown's Boys I recorded over Xmas,
    Buckin' Mammy Episode 1 Wed 24 Dec
    Mammy's Tickled Pink Episode 1 Thurs 25 Dec
    The Virgin Mammy Episode 2 Tue 23 Dec
    Mammy Christmas Episode 1 Mon 22 Dec.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 15:07:33 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    It gets very confusing when the broadcaster includes episode numbers.

How's about this for confusing when I went to watch Mrs Brown's Boys I recorded over Xmas,
    Buckin' Mammy Episode 1 Wed 24 Dec
    Mammy's Tickled Pink Episode 1 Thurs 25 Dec
    The Virgin Mammy Episode 2 Tue 23 Dec
    Mammy Christmas Episode 1 Mon 22 Dec.

I rest my case

The problem with the example I had was after watching a few and deleting them. Leaves a right dogs dinner

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 16:31:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.