My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

an error occurred while launching the application at humaxtvportal.com

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

study

The gateway is 192.168.0.1 which is as its quoted in the Virgin router set up info. I gave the machine a static IP of 192.168.0.9. When I look on my pc at whats connected to the router it sees it but pinging it does not work. When I plug my TV into the same socket, the ping test works.

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 22:47:53 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would try again using the DHCP option, once working you can then change the IP to one you want to use.

| Sun 8 Apr 2012 13:08:37 #32 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As your router does see the HDR why not pre-assign the IP you want on the routers settings. It's a good way to stop it from being reassigned as well.

| Sun 8 Apr 2012 13:19:42 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

study

Barry - 2 days ago  » 
    I would try again using the DHCP option, once working you can then change the IP to one you want to use.

I have just tried to revert to the DHCP option but it has again falied to connect.
    In reply to REPASSAC's comments I don't know how to do that I'm afraid - I take it that is something different to the static IP is it? The options in the router have my head spinning - much of what I've tried so far has been on advice from a friend (I don't have much of a clue!)
    Thanks for the suggestions though. Can't help thinking the machine is faulty when I can connect my TV without any problems. I have seen the machine work eventually though, albeit in the shop when I took it back for investigation.

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 18:27:14 #34 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

One problem I have encountered is the DNS address being incorrect/corrupt you might want to check and compare this with perhaps the setting reported by your TV.

| Wed 11 Apr 2012 14:13:56 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

study

I know some people like to hear a happy ending while some are annoyed when a post isnt concluded . . .However I never did solve this and have just tried to connect again with the same annoying result, despite the tv working without a hitch when I use the cable in that rather than the pvr. I did look for the DNS setting in the tv menu but couldn't find it anywhere.

| Tue 11 Sep 2012 20:06:01 #36 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

study - looking back at your post #31 - when the TV is connected via the cable what IP does it use? Try setting the T2 to that and pinging it then. (I presume that as you are using one cable then they both cannot be connected at the same time).

| Wed 12 Sep 2012 14:34:22 #37 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.