My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Another 9200C / humaxrw problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tk1177

Hello everybody, new member here.
    I've used humaxrw succesfully on my own 9200C, but now I think I've messed up with my parents' identical model, or the hard disk was badly damaged to begin with. Long story short, all recordings were gone one evening as will happen, I took the HD out and connected it to laptop via a USB adapter. At first it wasn't recognized by humaxrw or the front end, but after a little fiddling around with humaxcheck with directions from all threads I could find on the subject the disk was found, but the situation doesn't look good. Here's what I get from various commands:
    humaxrw 1: -l
    humaxrw 1: -r
    both say AV partition - error in file allocation table 0005e801 00000000 efffeffe

humaxcheck 1: -n gives a long long list of those allocation table errors

humaxcheck 1: -a -w
    Partition size mismatch

humaxcheck 1: -d -w -n

PARTITION 0

387073 blocks allocated in orphan chains taking up 149032394752 bytes
    Humax calculated free space count: 0 bytes

I maybe shouldn't have run some of those humaxcheck options - I did get the warning that they may corrupt my hard disk. Humaxrw didn't find any files at any point so I had to try everything. Do you think there's any way to get the recordings out of there, or are they gone? Thanks in advance.

| Wed 3 Jan 2018 3:49:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

You could try:

humaxrw 1: -r -l

If that doesn't list any files then it will not be possible to recover any data.

If you wish to free up the space occupied by the orphans then add the -c option to humaxcheck.

| Wed 3 Jan 2018 9:11:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tk1177

xyz321 - 2 hours ago  » 
    You could try:
    humaxrw 1: -r -l
    If that doesn't list any files then it will not be possible to recover any data.
    If you wish to free up the space occupied by the orphans then add the -c option to humaxcheck.

Humaxcheck with -c seems to have worked insofar as to free up space, Humax calculated free space count is now 149032394752, so I guess all the files are gone

humaxrw 1: -r -l just gives the same AV partition error. I'm pretty sure it was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't work at any point.

Do you have any idea what went wrong here?

| Wed 3 Jan 2018 11:31:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.