My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Another Box

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

Hi, I'm a new member to the forum but have been reading the comments for a while now.
    I bought my box at the beginning of Jan, and was well pleased with it, until the hard drive was 20% full. Then the problems started. To cut a long story short I had to re format and then load an update from a stick which was downloaded from Humax, fine until the drive was 40% full then the remote didn't respond and everything froze up. All the suggestions I found on here had no solution to the problem. So my exchange box arrives on Friday and my question is, should I up date it with the software up grade I have on my stick? I've asked Humax support if I should but so far no reply. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 16:28:14 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I suspect during set up the unit will check for new software and install the latest version 1.00.37 released today.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 16:33:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

Thanks for that Barry.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 17:15:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

if it were me....

update software if necessary, format drive once or twice, do as much testing as possible, set it to non-stop record including lots of shorter programmes and also HD until it fills up or stops. Should take a few days, if all's fine reformat the drive again and enjoy in peace.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 17:21:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

Will bear that in mind Damian, thanks.

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 19:46:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.