My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Another DTR-T1010 not starting up

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wphil

I inherited a non-functional DTR-T1010 after a TV repair shop had failed, a mate had investigated without success – it was starting to some extent when he first got it and processor was getting hot but no life when he passed it on. Rather than powering further I have changed the 10 x 220uF caps on the main board with Panasonic FR ones. I also changed 3 x 10uF 50V surface mount caps – I’ve seen two mentioned but couldn’t work out which of a group of three so did them all. The 220uFs removed had ESRs around 1ohm; the 10uF were 15ohms. There is a leaded electrolytic at one end of the display on the front panel assembly which someone ‘has been at’ with a soldering iron but I didn’t touch it as I didn’t have any more caps.

I powered it on at rear switch and nothing, just power button illuminated. I didn’t’ realise this was actually a touch switch and while experimenting trying to get maintenance mode one time the disc span up and it started; it wanted to update s/w, I wasn’t ready for this and so didn’t. I then managed to get the enter maintenance mode question but still didn’t understand what to do. Powered off to study forums some more. Now I think I understand reboot and maintenance mode unfortunately I have not been able to get any response. I have tried disconnecting the disc SATA cable but still cannot get any response.

Any suggestions of anything else I can try?

I do not have an oscilloscope, only a DMM. The output of the main PSU is about 12.6V but an analogue meter wavers slightly showing some ripple but this might be normal and this will be regulated down on the main board.

Do the front panels have any problems, might this be a cause of getting no response? Any ideas?

It is quite possible some damage has been done to the main board, the unit having been powered so much without the caps having been changed. But encouraged by getting some life out of it since changing the caps I’m hoping there’s something else I can try.

Phil

PS This is the first Humax I’ve seen; all my experience is with Toppys.
    PPS If andyfras reads this I’ve sent you a PM.

| Thu 9 Feb 2017 13:00:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wphil

I wonder if there's some problem with my account on the forum as I don't seem to be getting any response at all including users PM'd do not seem to get notified. Anyway an update on my experience

I changed the 10 220uF caps, also did 3 10uFs (SM ones), all had raised ESRs. By repeatedly trying various power on and off and eventually getting some response out of maintenance mode although I never got to self reboot I got it running for a while and even making recordings. Now, it does not seem to want to reliably power on or execute a maintenance mode option.

Trawling the forum leaves me a bit confused. Users variously say faulty hard drives although some think it's to do with the control of the drive powering on. And most depressingly it seems the consensus is that they just fail unrepairably in the end.

Anything to try or do my symptoms confirm it is one for recycling.

Thanks for anyone reading or replying; shame this forum doesn't show number of views.

Phil

| Tue 28 Feb 2017 13:51:16 #2 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

wphil - 6 hours ago  » 
    shame this forum doesn't show number of views.

This forum Does show the number of views! Your thread has had 84 views at the time of my reply.

| Tue 28 Feb 2017 20:05:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.