My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Another HDD Is not showing on a Human 1000s problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aty

Hi All,

Just wanted to add that my HDD in my Human HDR-199S/1010S is no longer showing.

My software Version is UKSFAA 3.00.20,
    Loader UKSFAA 1.08
    Updatedate 09 DEC 2015.

I bought I pre owned about a 1 year ago and it's been fine. It's most the recording a few times but they have reappeared before but looks like they have gone now.

I've unplugged it for over a week and still no joy, tried a few power downs etc still no joy. I can hear the drive in the Human spin up, so I know the power is OK.

So i've opened the box up and removed the drive. I connected the drive to my mac and it powers up and the mac can see the partitions but obviously can't read them.

I connected another drive I had lying around to the Human and still the same result, no drive visible.

So that means the problem is either the motherboard in the Human, or the SATA data cable.

I've tried to fond a replacement cable but the Human power cable looks like the old floppy drive type, but the female version. Try as I may I have had no joy finding one anywhere.

If anybody has any ideas, my only option seems to be to hack the cable apart to separate the power and the data parts from the combined cable that goes into the drive and purchase a separate SATA cable from flee bay to rule out the SATA cable.

Anybody got any views.

TIA

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 17:33:44 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Barry, Is this in correct thread?

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 18:49:33 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Barry, Is this in correct thread?

It wasn't in the correct sub forum - now moved.

Edit:

Continue in this thread, this one closed.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hard-drive-issues

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 20:10:50 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.