My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Another little 5000T oddie

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Tonight at about 1825, I checked the BBC1 HD EPG and noted that Repair Shop was listed for 1830. However it did not show on the schedule.

So, to make sure of a recording, I programmed the same thing for BBC1 SD. However, come the time, both started.

I wonder why it didn't show on the schedule.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 18:58:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

iron

I think all the last minute changes being made to the broadcast schedules after the Queen's death have shown how poorly the 5000T responds to EPG updates. Last week I was cursing the BBC for updating their website but not the EPG. That is until I looked at my TV's EPG and found it to be completely correct.

Looking into this a bit more I found that the 5000T retains the EPG in standby and is quite happy to restore out of data info when turned on again. I had always assumed that coming out of standby would cause a complete refresh of the EPG but that is not the case.

As an experiment I tried bringing it out of standby with the aerial unplugged, which obviously would have to give a blank EPG, but no, it was still there in entirety, the full 8 days!

The only way I can see to get a fresh version of the EPG is to do a complete mains power off restart.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 19:43:37 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

It's not just Humax having problems, my normally rock solid Panasonic has had its knickers in a twist a couple of times trying to record Emmerdale and Corro earlier in the week.

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 0:13:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Although current events are testing the scheduling of recordings, the problem of scheduled series link items vanishing from the list has happened before with the 5000T. Occasionally I have had such timer settings vanish. I can't re-enter the timer because one exists, the Humax just isn't showing it. Cancelling the series link and re-entering it usually works. If I forget it often, but not always, records anyway. One of the many problems with the 5000T that ought to have been corrected by now.

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 8:08:04 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.