My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Another odd happening - 5000T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

This morning I tried to set up a series recording for Countryfile (1815-1915 tonight then some time next Sunday) on BBC1 SD. Once I selected "Record Whole Series" it came back with an error message saying that there was a recording clash, except that there was not.

The schedule with which it was supposedly clashing was for the 6pm News tomorrow, not today, which was set up as a Daily schedule from 1800-1900 starting Monday.

I selected for it to delete the news schedule and Countryfile was set. I then set up the news schedule exactly as it had been and that worked as well.

All seems very strange. Can anyone explain this odd behaviour?

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 14:35:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I do not know the answer to your problem but can confirm i have had very similar happen also.

So i would be interested to know what could cause this.

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 15:57:35 #2 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

A software bug.

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 16:10:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Talking of odd behaviour, I had my current schedule disappear to be replaced
    with 2 pages of old completed, watched and deleted schedules but all with CH No 0000
    Non could be deleted, I tried reboot, retune, didn't work, I re-inputted my schedule on top of these
    and they worked, after after a few days the old ghost schedules dropped off the bottom and I was left with only a few that had come back (still couldn't delete them) then it happened again, all my current
    schedules disappeared and all these old 'ghosts' came back, again all with 'CH 0000' and unable to delete.
    I did a factory reset and it seems to have worked although I then had the ITV hub problem where I couldn't register

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 16:38:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Trev - 56 mins ago  » 
    A software bug.

Maybe, but a very odd one.

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 17:08:17 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Or something that a power cycle would sort.

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 22:22:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Trev - 7 hours ago  » 
    Or something that a power cycle would sort.

Strangely enough I had done one only a couple of hours earlier to sort something else.

| Mon 7 Oct 2019 6:10:04 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 1 day ago  » 
    This morning I tried to set up a series recording for Countryfile (1815-1915 tonight then some time next Sunday) on BBC1 SD. Once I selected "Record Whole Series" it came back with an error message saying that there was a recording clash, except that there was not.
    The schedule with which it was supposedly clashing was for the 6pm News tomorrow, not today, which was set up as a Daily schedule from 1800-1900 starting Monday.
    I selected for it to delete the news schedule and Countryfile was set. I then set up the news schedule exactly as it had been and that worked as well.
    All seems very strange. Can anyone explain this odd behaviour?

The BBC do not provide correct series crid codes for news events. If they provided a unique Series CRID and a different programme CRID for each event it would not generate the clash. Do you have channels in the epg with a second version of BBC1 - SD ?

| Mon 7 Oct 2019 15:49:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

No, I only receive from Crystal Palace, no other is possible here, so no possibility of two versions of BBC1 SD. Anyway, CRIDs for the news should not be involved as it is a daily timed recording covering the national and London news from 1800 to 1900. I reschedule on Saturday ready for Monday.

| Mon 7 Oct 2019 21:55:09 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.