My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Another possible HDD issue

(6 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

A new issue has arisen on my box which has become more frequent as this weeks gone on and I'm pretty sure its HHD related.
    When either watching something through the buffer(pause/rewind) or watching back a recording and then when going back to live TV I'm getting either a black screen with sound or live picture and jumpy sound.
    The only way to resolve these are to change channels.
    Also now and then when I press stop or let the recording play to the end the screen goes pink and then untuned analogue TV fuzzy for a few seconds.

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 23:51:19 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

HDMI cable not seated correctly?

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 6:53:55 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

It's not the HDMI cable as I forgot to mention before that when its after watching back a recording, the recordings menu is still on screen and the little square box top right is either black with sound or picture with jumpy sound.

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 9:12:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

If this only happens when you go back to live TV and watching the Buffer and recordings are fine, why is this HDD related ? 

Just out of interest what happens if you try to record either the black screen with sound or live picture and jumpy sound ? 

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 11:08:09 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Reffub - 16 minutes ago  » 
    If this only happens when you go back to live TV and watching the Buffer and recordings are fine, why is this HDD related ? 
    Just out of interest what happens if you try to record either the black screen with sound or live picture and jumpy sound ? 

Nothing concrete about it being hard drive related, but as it only happens when a hard drive function is used so to me it points in that direction as it doesn't happen at any other time.
    What happens when if I record or rewind black or jumpy sound? I've only checked this once, but it seems to play back fine.
    Reading through different forums I have picked up on one thing in that for those that have put a different bigger HHD in their box, they dont seem to have had any issues that other users have mentioned.
    Is it just a coincidence or is there something in it.

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 11:35:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    Reading through different forums I have picked up on one thing in that for those that have put a different bigger HHD in their box, they dont seem to have had any issues that other users have mentioned.
    Is it just a coincidence or is there something in it.

I believe some have had their recordings list not appear and still get the occasional lock up ! 

I put a 2Tb WD AV drive in mine and after a few weeks I completely lost the Buffer ? (like a few other owners)  But my recordings have always been fine and I did have the drive over 50% full before I formatted it to get the buffer working again.

Any other problems I've had are minor and haven't reoccurred but owners of boxes with original HDD have had the same faults. 

i.e.  Start up problems with the box being very slow (a minute) to respond to remote commands.
    The odd lock up resulting in failed recordings etc 

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 12:43:22 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.