My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Antenna Short Circuited

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richie

Hi there,

I have a wonderful PVR-9150T which I have and do enjoy using. Recently, when I am using the system, it crashes and restarts and reloads the system with the message: 'Loading version a4.38' then when it starts up, a message comes up below stating: antenna is short circuited. Then, this repeats regularly.

I have other systems running off the powered antenna, though have no issues with any other system. Is Humax familiar with this? Any help appreciated

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 21:14:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you sure you have a powered antenna ? A normal aerial without an amplifier depending on it's design can be a short circuit to a DC power supply imposed on the coax. If your box has antenna power on and no amplifier the message means the box has current limited due to the short circuit.

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 21:18:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richie

grahamlthompson wrote:

Are you sure you have a powered antenna ? A normal aerial without an amplifier depending on it's design can be a short circuit to a DC power supply imposed on the coax. If your box has antenna power on and no amplifier the message means the box has current limited due to the short circuit.

Hi Graham, thanks for your reply. Yes, the antenna that goes to the Humax box is powered, and is due to poor reception in the area (north london) - it is not new (the powered antenna), and also runs a DAB sounds system unit (also, not new). So, not sure what to do now... any suggestions?

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 21:25:18 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You may have a whisker of screen just touching the centre core in a badly fitted coax plug, that could easily create a short circuit and create the message.

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 21:32:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.