My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Anyone have a problem with the live TV disappearin

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissssss

Anyone have a problem with the live TV disappearing??

Broadcast TV totally disappears to blank screen and no sound.This happened the day I had it and thought I would have to return it, no amount of on off would bring it back to live. Had to unplug the box and leave for a few seconds and await a full reboot. I thought/hoped that was the end but it happens every few days, notably when I switch on then use an app YouTube or Bbciplayer and return to live TV with no picture?? All other items, menus, apps work, even the home previews of live TV works but no live TV? I've tried every possible video option on the box and my TV but nothing will restore love without unplug and full restart process

| Sun 28 May 2023 16:10:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

I've occasionally experienced this too. When this happens I press the Channel up or down buttons to watch the next available channel. Once a channel becomes visible I can go back to the channel I wanted to see, and it normally appears. Not sure why this happens though.

| Sun 28 May 2023 17:30:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChemicalRob

Yes, for some reason you can usually use the channel down button to get a picture on the next channel down (going up never works). If you then go up a channel to get back to the channel which was blank, the picture has usually returned.

Often you have to do this to get several channels working as you keep pressing channel down, then it goes back to working normally again.

Could be a programming bug in the software, but it's been there since I got my box a few years back, so I suspect it could be a tuner issue.

| Sun 28 May 2023 21:07:19 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.