My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

App Pairing Fails

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BarclayBoy

I've downloaded the app and registered. When I then open app to try to pair the box usually it doesn't find the box. I've tried entering the IP address and I get the message "Connection has failed". A couple of times I do see the box in the app and clicking it I get the same message. I'm connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone/iPad (Both fail to pair). I've used iPlayer to confirm I have network connectivity.

Any ideas to try please?

| Wed 8 Nov 2023 16:07:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BarclayBoy - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've downloaded the app and registered. When I then open app to try to pair the box usually it doesn't find the box. I've tried entering the IP address and I get the message "Connection has failed". A couple of times I do see the box in the app and clicking it I get the same message. I'm connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone/iPad (Both fail to pair).

Do you have any Wi-Fi extenders in your network which have been known to cause various problems?

| Wed 8 Nov 2023 20:59:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BarclayBoy

Thanks Martin. Yes I have a TP-Link whole Home Wi-Fi. I connected my iPad and Humax box to the BT network (The Home Hub doesn't let you turn it off). Although the app still didn't find the box when I entered the IP address it did find the box and offered a code. It has connected and showed the recordings I have box only showed 3 of about 10 scheduled recordings. Looks a bit flaky

Thanks for your advice

| Thu 9 Nov 2023 10:15:37 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

BarclayBoy - 1 week ago  » 
    I've downloaded the app and registered. When I then open app to try to pair the box usually it doesn't find the box. I've tried entering the IP address and I get the message "Connection has failed". A couple of times I do see the box in the app and clicking it I get the same message. I'm connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone/iPad (Both fail to pair). I've used iPlayer to confirm I have network connectivity.
    Any ideas to try please?

Sorry which app are we talking about? the Aura app? I had trouble with the registration but I had to delete my aura and then add it again in myhumax.net. then logged out of app and back in.

| Mon 20 Nov 2023 15:26:56 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.