My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Apple app on Aura

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

thatch

I’m new to the forum. I have recently bought the Aura and am generally happy with it. I have downloaded some apps and all work fine except the Apple TV+ app. I either get the message "Video not available. Check your internet connection" or I get a pixellated image thats unwatchable. What is interesting is that the promotional trailers always seem to work ok. I have tried ethernet and wi-fi. Makes no difference. Have changed setting to SD only. Makes no difference. I have posted on an Apple forum but so far nobody has come up with an answer. Any suggestions ?

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 10:52:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

thatch - 1 min ago  » 
    Any suggestions ?

I haven't tried the Apple TV+ app but there are regular reports here of it not performing correctly so you are not alone.

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 10:54:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Doesn’t work
    Works on smart TV if you’ve got one

| Wed 14 Sep 2022 8:08:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

thatch

Don't have a smart TV. Thats why I have the Humax Aura. As well as being a pvr it allows you to access apps via its Android TV ability. So its like having a smart TV. I also have a NOW Tv Roku stick. Unfortunately it does not allow access to Apple Tv although the latest ones do. Maybe I will have to go that route.

| Wed 14 Sep 2022 12:09:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowleopard69

We had same issue. Apple TV starts with titles sequence then drop in to "Video not available. Check your internet connection" - we tinkered with the below, think Point#1 to use SD only is key for old televisions!

1. Settings changed to SD only (have old TV that doesn't support HD\Ultra HD)
    2. Reset Apple TV so re-enabled a/c (just started 3 month trial so checking a/c enabled correctly, ensure SD only is re-checked)
    3. Uninstalled Apple TV App and re-installed (ensure SD only is re-checked)
    4. Settings Location Services disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    5. Settings Data Analytics disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    6. Switched from Wifi to Ethernet connection

None of the above made much difference, broadband speeds are relatively reliable, and has same error.

We then tried watching on an iPad tablet beyond the opening credits and then resuming on the TV Apple TV App - which picked-up from where it finished and this apporach worked fine.

The next step was to "fast forward" immediately to go beyond the opening credits to a similar point ~30 seconds in to the show and again Apple TV App on the TV worked fine. It appears as soon as you pass the bump of the opening credits the episode plays so long as also having SD only setting enabled (not great but a work-around)

Hope that helps

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 12:55:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

snowleopard69 - 1 hour ago  » 
    We had same issue. Apple TV starts with titles sequence then drop in to "Video not available. Check your internet connection" - we tinkered with the below, think Point#1 to use SD only is key for old televisions!
    1. Settings changed to SD only (have old TV that doesn't support HD\Ultra HD)
    2. Reset Apple TV so re-enabled a/c (just started 3 month trial so checking a/c enabled correctly, ensure SD only is re-checked)
    3. Uninstalled Apple TV App and re-installed (ensure SD only is re-checked)
    4. Settings Location Services disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    5. Settings Data Analytics disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    6. Switched from Wifi to Ethernet connection
    None of the above made much difference, broadband speeds are relatively reliable, and has same error.
    We then tried watching on an iPad tablet beyond the opening credits and then resuming on the TV Apple TV App - which picked-up from where it finished and this apporach worked fine.
    The next step was to "fast forward" immediately to go beyond the opening credits to a similar point ~30 seconds in to the show and again Apple TV App on the TV worked fine. It appears as soon as you pass the bump of the opening credits the episode plays so long as also having SD only setting enabled (not great but a work-around)
    Hope that helps

You shouldn’t have to do any of this. App should work properly from the get go. Watching SD? We’re in the 21st century aren’t we?
    Who’s at fault here though, Apple cause the app doesn’t work (but ok on everything else) or Humax?

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 14:39:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowleopard69

You shouldn’t have to do any of this.
    Ans: Yes, clearly. I am only providing a work-around so people can at least view programs on Apple TV while technicians fix the root cause in the background

App should work properly from the get go.
    Ans: Yes, quite agree (see above)

Watching SD? We’re in the 21st century aren’t we?
    Ans: Yep, you're right if everyone had a Smart TV supporting HD then this SD setting would not be an issue (we're upgrading TV soon so will post an update if we find out any more running on the new hardware)

Who’s at fault here though, Apple cause the app doesn’t work (but ok on everything else) or Humax?
    Ans: Sorry, can't comment as looks like an issue for primarily Humax and mayb Apple TV App technicians to resolve. You would expect this to work on Android platform so maybe a Humax firmware upgrade required (believe saw a post where this had been raised as an issue with Humax)

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 16:12:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Given current level of Humax support, this will never be resolved.

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 18:44:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

I see the same issue with the apple TV+ app. There are reports of issues on Android TV other than aura. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/nsqjit/does_anybody_have_the_same_problem_when_using_the/

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 19:57:14 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.