My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Apple TV and Mac OSX to Humax

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mroliff

I've been struggling to find an official line on this.

I have a HDR1000S and would like to confirm that, as it's plugged into my network, plugging in an Apple TV should allow me to stream from Apple TV to the Humax device.

I am also struggling to find a working piece of software to allow me to host files on my mac to the Humax. It is not recognized at all by the Humax when it searches the network. I've tried some apps from the app store but none of them have improved the situation.

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 14:50:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jerryfn

I have a mac with a similar network. Let me know when you find an answer. This might be a deal breaker!

| Sat 15 Mar 2014 17:25:50 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Jerryfn - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I have a mac with a similar network. Let me know when you find an answer. This might be a deal breaker!

The HDR-1000S needs to see a standard DLNA server (such as Windows Media Player).

| Sat 15 Mar 2014 17:43:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

REPASSAC - 1 week ago  » 

The HDR-1000S needs to see a standard DLNA server (such as Windows Media Player).

For "standard DNLA server" read "standard DNLA server with very few files". If your media library has too many songs the HDR-1000S cant cope. If DNLA is in any way a deal breaker in your spec needs then I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere. Of the promised DNLA capabilities half is still not available (server) and the other half (client) is not fit for purpose. This is well documented on other threads in this forum by myself and others.

| Sun 23 Mar 2014 14:06:08 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 18 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 week ago  » 

For "standard DNLA server" read "standard DNLA server with very few files". If your media library has too many songs the HDR-1000S cant cope. If DNLA is in any way a deal breaker in your spec needs then I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere. Of the promised DNLA capabilities half is still not available (server) and the other half (client) is not fit for purpose. This is well documented on other threads in this forum by myself and others.

What's DNLA ?

DLNA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

| Sun 23 Mar 2014 14:25:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

grahamlthompson - 21 hours ago  » 

sorbiegunnerou - 18 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 week ago  » 

What's DNLA ?
    DLNA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

Given the context of my post and the topic of this thread I think most people would have assumed that I had in fact got mixed up and actually meant DLNA. However there could possibly be people who might have missed that and who thought I had gone off topic and started a discussion about something completely different so it's always handy to have a helpful pedant to keep us all on the straight and narrow. Thanks Graham, a 'special' member indeed

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:29:21 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.