My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Aspect Ratio

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

felix

Hi just got my new Humax HDR1000s two days ago and very pleased with it but come across one problem the Aspect ratio is all out as once you click information of a programme which will appear at the top of the page only half is diplayed, just like a Rugby match when the teams and score is displayed at the top you can only see half the letters and numbers.

While at the bottom of the page no tabs are viewable like HOME / PAGE UP / PAGE DOWN / 24hrs+, i have altered the Aspect ratio in my setting but regardless what i use does not solve the problem as at present with my 40" TV it is set at 16.9 and have the latest software updated.

Anyone have any solutions in which to solve the problem ?

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 11:22:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. On my 40" Sony the following settings work.

Screen Format Wide Auto Format On Display Area Full Pixel

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 13:04:13 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Sound like too much over scan on your tv. Try pressing the 16:9 button on the remote if it's got one and go through the different ratio settings.
    What TV do you have?

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 17:41:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

felix

Many Thanks!

problem solved!

Aspect ratio set through my Humax 1000s was set at 16.9.
    Checked my LG TV settings using my LG remote control and my LG TV was set at Cinema now i have changed Aspect ratios to:

LG TV: is set to 16.9 (instead of cinema)
    Humax Settings: is set to 16.9

This solved the problem of cropping the top and bottom of tv display.

Seems strange to me as even though the TV was always set to cinema i never lost details of time and score on top of tv when rugby matches were being played or tabs on bottom of the screen on the tv when cinema was set using my sky box, Talk Talk You View box only Humax is the first box being affected which cropped top and bottom of the screen.

Many Thanks for all your replies !

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 17:21:46 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.