My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Aspect ratio and missing Film4 on HDR-2000T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

Hi,
    I have just bought a HDR-2000T to replace an older Humax PVR with a worn out HDD. The updated software and functionality is fantastic but there are 2 issues that I have discovered. I wonder if anyone might be able to tell me if these are settings / set-up issues or a fault with the box please?

1. Some programs on some channels seem to randomly display in 4:3 aspect (particularly ITV4). I have the output set to 1080p and 16:9 auto on a full HD panasonic set but this seems to make no difference.
    2. Despite several default settings cycles I am not able to receive Chanel 15, Film4 although I had no problem on the previous set. The scheduled prof details appear on the guide but when trying to view the programs the message "no prog broadcasting on this chanel" appears
    Many thanks for any hints you can suggest!

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 13:33:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

providing aspect ratio is set to auto then the box will auto format the display. Remember many older programs were broadcast in 4:3 so will still be shown like this. Simpsons is a classic where you see it in 4:3.

Suggest you do a retune to pick up Film4 (make sure you select correct transmitter if you get more than one). Go into settings and check your signal quality/strength. You might need a booster for the aerial. Not sure the tuner is as sensitive as older Humax devices in the 2000T.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 14:11:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Einstein40 - 49 minutes ago  » 
    2. Despite several default settings cycles I am not able to receive Chanel 15, Film4 although I had no problem on the previous set. The scheduled prof details appear on the guide but when trying to view the programs the message "no prog broadcasting on this chanel" appears
    Many thanks for any hints you can suggest!

If you are in an area where you can also receive a weaker signal then you may need to do a manual retune. The method is the same as the HDR-FOX T2. The link is:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

Humax fixed the auto-tuning in the HDR-FOX T2 a year ago but unfortunately the newer HDR-2000T can have issues with tuning in some of the channels to the transmitter you select during set-up or auto-tune.

If you are sure that you have manually retuned correctly and still have the same issue then you can start worrying about your aerial. It's not worth worrying about until you have manually tuned as a manual retune may resolve your issue.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 14:36:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Also on the Humax remote press Menu then select Settings then System then Signal detection. Press the OK button which will show a list of numbers. Telling us what those numbers are and which region/transmitter you think you should be receiving may give more clues about what is going on.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 14:52:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

Luke - many thanks for that advice regarding manual retune. Very useful. Improved my signal quality and removed my rogue 800 channels. Challenge TV and Quest are my weak channels for reception despite the MUX reporting 100% signal and 70% strength.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:16:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

Thanks Bigfoot & Luke
    Have done re-tune which has now picked up Film 4 but unfortunately some channels are still showing in 4:3 ratio (BBC3, Drama, ITV4).
    Strangely if I set preferences to 4:3 they display as 16:9?

Info as requested: Ridge Hill transmitter, software version 1.00.07, loader 1.02
    Strength 78-84% on all channels... including those not displaying correctly
    Quality 100% on all channels

Anything else I need to try before I talk to Humax?

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 19:25:09 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.