My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Assistance Required Humax 9200-T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boo12345

I have taken the hard drive out and connected to my linux machine. However I cannot see any file for the items that are recorded. Is there any way I can rip the file out ? I am using a SCSI to USB convertor with power.

I can see folders on the linux like USB1, USB2 etc. but nothing inside them.

Or is there an alternative ?

Thanks

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 6:57:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

boo12345 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have taken the hard drive out and connected to my linux machine. However I cannot see any file for the items that are recorded. Is there any way I can rip the file out ? I am using a SCSI to USB convertor with power.

The 9200 uses a proprietary file system that neither Linux nor Windows understands. You are looking for humaxrw see http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW which is available for both Windows and Linux.

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 10:04:27 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

boo12345 - 11 hours ago  » 
    I am using a SCSI to USB convertor with power.

Thanks

I assume you mean an IDE to USB unless you also have SCSI to IDE in the mix.
    Martin has told you the program you need to access the filesystem which is also available on the 9200t downloads page in the blog on this site (link)

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 18:25:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boo12345

Thank you. The instructions for linux were not too clear. Can anyone assist please as to what directory I need to put this in ?

"just copy it into a suitable directory. You may need to be an admin user to be
    able to read/write the raw devices when running the program (see examples
    below).

The device names for a directly connected disk are as follows:

On Linux hosts the device names are typically: /dev/hda, /dev/hdb etc."

| Sat 23 Jun 2012 4:41:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi,
    I hate to say it, but this might be the time to suggest windows over linux. Windows will be a lot easier for you.

If you don't have access to windows and you have to use linux then:
    "copy into a suitable directory" means just that, I'd put it into /tmp
    you may have to change permissions, use fdisk to find the drive or check dmesg or look in /proc. The ide <--> usb will probably come up as a scsi device in which case you'll be looking for something like /dev/sda. If none of this means anything to you then I really would recommend using windows this time round. Linux is well worth learning and there are plenty of good books and online material around, but it can't be learnt in 5 mins and unlike windows it will do exactly what you tell it to do with no daft questions and pop-ups asking if you really want to do something

| Sat 23 Jun 2012 10:22:44 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.