My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Astra 19.2E channel list?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

I've searched for this but found nothing:

I have a dish pointed at Astra 19.2E, and my HB1100S in non-Freesat mode picks up a number of channels both TV and radio. Is there a way of calling up a list of those channels, for scrolling through and making a selection? Apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious.

Many thanks.

| Mon 31 Jul 2023 19:18:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hello BertCoules,

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is no. The box is built around Freesat design for 2nd generation spec that only shows EPG details for Freesat channels.

I also use a Humax foxsat pvr that enables you to do a lot of customising, including adding non Freesat channels to EPG. You have to download free software to do this, but it's worth it. You can also record non Freesat channels! It's called raydons customised software download. Available by doing a search. Hope this helps! John L

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 12:56:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

Jdlfreetime wrote:

The simple answer is no.

I suspected as much; thanks for confirming it.

I also use a Humax foxsat pvr that enables you to do a lot of customising, including adding non Freesat channels to EPG. You have to download free software to do this, but it's worth it.

I must look into that. The Foxsat PVR is twin tuner, I think: I wonder if that means you can connect it to two separate dishes? And if so, can you create just one EPG which covers both, and have the receiver automatically switch to the relevant input according to which item is selected? I'll investigate.

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 18:30:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

The foxsat is an older PVR, but very well designed. You need some patience setting it up with the customised software. Yes all the Freesat and non Freesat channels will appear on the same EPG, but you have to configure the non Freesat channels first. You do this by ticking options on the channel list within the web browser software interface that you link to the foxsat. The EPG data for non Freesat channels will be very limited, not showing 7 days data, but I find it useful for when recording a few extra channels, various itv regions that you don't have option for with Freesat.

Here is one of many links for software:
    "Raydon's custom firmware for Humax Foxsat HDR | AVForums" https://www.avforums.com/threads/raydons-custom-firmware-for-humax-foxsat-hdr.2320116/

You can purchase a foxsat pvr on eBay for approx £50 or less. I use several Freesat pvrs on a 6 way lnb on same dish, so if you use more pvrs, you will need to change/ upgrade your lnb. Hope this helps. John L

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 21:25:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

John L, that's very helpful, many thanks. I'll see if I can't hunt down a Foxst PVR.

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 23:41:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

BertCoules - 5 hours ago  » 
    The Foxsat PVR is twin tuner, I think: I wonder if that means you can connect it to two separate dishes? And if so, can you create just one EPG which covers both, and have the receiver automatically switch to the relevant input according to which item is selected?

Both dishes would need to be pointed at Astra 19.2E, and therefore there is no benefit compared to just using 1 dish.

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 23:56:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

Both dishes would need to be pointed at Astra 19.2E, and therefore there is no benefit compared to just using 1 dish.

Ah, right. Thanks.

| Wed 2 Aug 2023 0:21:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

Today was the first chance I've had to search for the Raydon firmware and unfortunately I'm not having much success. Any mentions of it which include a link point to a site which generates this message:

HTTP: Status 403 - Forbidden... The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it. Apache Tomcat/7.0.94

If anyone can suggest a solution or a working alternative I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Attachments

1. Raydon.png (56.1 KB, 3 downloads) 8 mnths old
    | Sun 20 Aug 2023 13:55:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Try this link:

https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat-hdr-customised-firmware.38/

There are so many links/updates online over the years.
    John L

| Sun 20 Aug 2023 14:13:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BertCoules

John L, that worked beautifully; many thanks.

| Sun 20 Aug 2023 14:18:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.