My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Audio not supported

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HDR1000

Hi,
    I have humax HDR1000S/1010S. It's connected to NAS drive. I'm playing movies(mkv files), some of them playing ok, but most not. Video is playing but no sound. I suspect that codec is not supported, I noticed DTS audio codec is not playing.
    Also mkv files has option for langue track, but there are no function in humax to change it. Is it possible to fix these issues. Thank you

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 13:16:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

You're experiencing the same problems with the Humax as I found months ago. I have three media players that handle my music, video and photo files, on my NAS, with no problems. I am fairly experienced in media playing problems but have been unable to solve those on the Humax. I gave up. I raised these problems on the official Freesat forum, documenting them in detail. Neither Freesat or Humax commented and the post was eventually deleted by the admin.

http://community.freesat.co.uk/

http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Freesat-products/Keep-an-eye-out/m-p/13024#M42

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 13:44:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HDR1000

I believe it's just missing codecs, it's shouldn't be hard to add them. I like Humax, but it's very anoying that most mkv playing with no sound. If Humax not responding I think I will have to return it to store, and buy something that works.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 14:41:53 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Issue of not being able to choose alternate audio tracks is well known. Built in support for dts is common on most media players. DTS decoding isn't free and boxes like the humax with a dedicated chip aren't likely to ever support. A few will pass through DTS to a AV amp with suitable decoding. Its very unlikely a TV will be able to recode DTS.

Its not hard to replace DTS with ac3 and delete tracks you don't want. I do this with all my recordings. It means I can play them anywhere from USB hard disk using my Nexus 7 tablet. Very handy on a 10hr flight last week to Mexico.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 14:59:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes, with the appropriate PC s/w (not free) you could of course transform the MKVs into AVIs, with appropriate codec substitution.
    However, be aware that most of my AVIs don't play either even when the sound is MP3. As I say, I gave up since the media client capability on the Humax is not critical for me. You can get a dedicated media player for 80 Pounds which does the lot. The core function of the Humax, that is a PVR, is excellent so I thought the extra outlay was justified.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 15:15:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HDR1000

Hi Graham, what do you use for replacing DTS to ac3 ? I'm mac user.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 15:30:33 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HDR1000 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham, what do you use for replacing DTS to ac3 ? I'm mac user.

I should have said not common. Sorry I use a PC, not a clue about macs. I use FLV MP3 converter on my laptop. Hopefully a MAC user will be able to come up with suitable software.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 16:27:40 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.