My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura app and ethernet

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma J

Please can someone let me know why I cannot connect to the aura app when the humax aura box is connected via ethernet (even though I am connected to the same network)

| Tue 23 Feb 2021 20:11:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Emma J - 4 mins ago  » 
    Please can someone let me know why I cannot connect to the aura app when the humax aura box is connected via ethernet (even though I am connected to the same network)

Android or IOS version ?

| Tue 23 Feb 2021 20:16:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Emma J - 2 hours ago  » 

Working fine for me on Android App.

I have Humax Aura connected to BT Smart Hub 6 via Ethernet. My Android mobile is connected via WIFI to BT Smart Hub. I also have another WIFI access point on my network which I can connect to, and the Android App is working fine with that too.

What network setup do you have at home? I know some newer mesh networks have different subnets for WIFI and Ethernet access, so the WIFI devices can't see the Ethernet devices.

| Tue 23 Feb 2021 22:29:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Is it really connected by Ethernet? Sorry if that sounds like a really stupid question, but in the last I've had a setup when I had a wireless extender with an Ethernet output which I used for a device which could only operate wired. Because the hop from the router to the extender was wireless, the device was reported by the router as being wirelessly connected.

Not that it should actually make a difference I don't think, but you never know!!

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 5:46:31 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Emma J - 15 hours ago  » 

Lets check the box really is connected.

Press the FVP Button - Move to settings (the cog icon) and press OK

Scroll down to General Settings Network & Internet and press OK.

Scroll to connected - Make a note of the IP address it likely will be in the form 192.168.1.xx in my case it's 192.168.1.18

Open a web browser like Chrome.

In the address line type youripaddress:8080

You should see a page like the attached image.

First confirm you have an account at MyHumax.net that you can login to ?

Attachments

1. Aura_Web_Interface.jpg (58.4 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 24 Feb 2021 11:48:47 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.