My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

AURA firmware updates

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

As a potential owner of an AURA I would like a list of firmware updates since its release - or even just a log of when it happened - as there is nothing on the Humax support site. Is it possible to have this info logged somewhere (it would be great if the firmware fixes were documented too but i'll take what I can get!).

| Tue 17 Nov 2020 15:04:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 3 mins ago  » 
    As a potential owner of an AURA I would like a list of firmware updates since its release - or even just a log of when it happened - as there is nothing on the Humax support site. Is it possible to have this info logged somewhere (it would be great if the firmware fixes were documented too but i'll take what I can get!).

The latest software can be found here

Freeview play - Preferences - System

Application Version and Date and time applied.

The box does not tell you the software has updated. Member Brian has a great tip.

Reduce the brightness of the front led from default of 60% to 20%.

If the brightness goes up you have had a software update as the update restores default settings.

Of course you need a unit to do this.

| Tue 17 Nov 2020 15:12:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

boogersa - 3 mins ago  » 

The box does not tell you the software has updated. Member Brian has a great tip.
    If the brightness goes up you have had a software update as the update restores default settings.

Could someone post the latest firmware info and log as a "sticky" to be updated whenever? I'm trying to get a feel for how well this product is being supported but I know there is no direct correlation between support (good/bad) and firmware releases...more of a gut feel.

| Tue 17 Nov 2020 17:05:53 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

boogersa - 3 mins ago  » 

Could someone post the latest firmware info and log as a "sticky" to be updated whenever? I'm trying to get a feel for how well this product is being supported but I know there is no direct correlation between support (good/bad) and firmware releases...more of a gut feel.

Since Humax don't release what's changed it would be a meaningless string of characters.

eg Application Version 1.00_20_20107_c3d0df3 This was time and dated Oct06.2020 07:34:03 pm

| Tue 17 Nov 2020 18:43:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

I spoke to Humax today. An update is due out later this week. The only fix they could tell me was around the weak signal.

| Tue 1 Dec 2020 23:29:17 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bjwgorman - 13 hours ago  » 
    I spoke to Humax today. An update is due out later this week. The only fix they could tell me was around the weak signal.

Who told you that - Humax Support?

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 12:33:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

I've just been talking to Support ref a few problems with my box, and they said they were aware there was one due, but not when.

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 13:12:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

PanMan

I was speaking to support yesterday (29th Dec) about various problems I'm having and they said they expect the firmware to be updated in January, but can't give a date. Specifically this update should address the surround sound issues if nothing else.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 19:48:25 #8 |
  9. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

PanMan - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was speaking to support yesterday (29th Dec) about various problems I'm having and they said they expect the firmware to be updated in January, but can't give a date. Specifically this update should address the surround sound issues if nothing else.

Would you mind me asking what your issue is with surround sound? Also, there is only ONE thing I’d like fixed personally. HDMI-CEC as this will fix the weird volume thing where it doesn’t control TVs and ATMOS pass-thru too which could potentially fix other surround sound stuff too. January aye? If only they had a decent media channel to find this stuff out from.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 21:13:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

PanMan

The sound problems are to do with using an audio/video amp to process the Dolby Digital signal for a 5.1 speaker set-up and having the Aura sound output set to surround sound (not stereo) feeding the amp.

Live broadcasts in DD seem to work fine, but recordings of the same program or programs just broadcast in stereo (ie. the majority of programs) come out from the Aura as DD but with no centre channel. The amp therefore does not try to add a centre channel as the Aura is sending one but with silence. This makes the dialog come from both front speakers with a slightly 'hollow' effect.

I'm guessing that if you are having CEC issues you are just connecting the Aura to your TV and using the TV speakers, in which case you should have the sound output set to stereo. I say that because you generally do not want CEC when using a hybrid set-up as the video signal comes from the amp to the tv, not the Aura which is input to the amp.

As I don't have CEC enabled I did not ask support about it. Sorry.

But you'll find out in January - if it happens!

| Thu 31 Dec 2020 10:52:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.