My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Issue

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

swilliams

We have an issue with our Aura which I have not seen mentioned. Every few days (I have not kept a log), the light goes off overnight. This is intermittent; it does not happen all the time. Note that Auto Standby and Deep Standby are set to “Never” and have never been on. Using the Big On/Off button to turn on both TV and Aura now no longer works. The big On/Off button only turns on the Aura and I have to use the small On/Off button to turn on the TV. When the TV comes on there is the animated graphic of turning wheels which ends showing the word “Android”; the screen goes blank for quite a few seconds, then a spinning circle indicating “Working” appears, and finally comes live TV. A Reboot fixes the problem for a short time. Both the Aura and TV are turned off using a short press of the small ON/Off button. This is only a minor annoyance, but it would be nice to find out why it happens, and, perhaps, to fix it. Would anyone have an explanation?

| Wed 23 Feb 2022 18:22:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

irishdaz

apparently it is programmed to do that every few days (someone said 5 days?) as a deep reboot updates everything. That's why it reloads Android when you press the big button
    We have always had to use the small button to turn the box & TV both on and off

| Thu 24 Feb 2022 8:58:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

swilliams

Thanks for the reply. You mean that everyone experiences this every few days and no one has mentioned it before? As long as it means there's nothing wrong with the machine.

| Thu 24 Feb 2022 19:01:32 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

swilliams - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply. You mean that everyone experiences this every few days and no one has mentioned it before? As long as it means there's nothing wrong with the machine.

No, many people will have set up the Aura to go into deep standby overnight so they never experience it!

| Thu 24 Feb 2022 21:09:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.