My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura learning curve for elderly user

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonkbike

Advice please. Elderly mum (96 but acts 76) was doing fine with Humax youview box (model??). When it died she was scammed into buying a Manhattan T2. I wasn't too happy - no favourites list & no sorting so she watches everything in SD with failing eyesight.
    Now that's going west so I could go for Man T3R which I hope would be familiar.
    Question - what's the user interface like if we go for Aura? Is it going to look familiar for her to transition?

| Sat 1 Apr 2023 23:15:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Simonkbike,

Welcome to the Humax forum. I know a lot about the Youview pvrs, as I am on the Youview community forum. What was wrong with your mum's box? Which model was it? Hopefully it is easy to fix/reset. If your mum still likes the Youview menus, I would recommend either trying to restore box or purchasing another one online. They don't
    sell new ones now, but used/good refurbished ones can be found for a lot cheaper price. Ideally the 2100 & 4000 models.

The Manhattan box menu looks similar to Youview, but may lack functions. The Aura is a lot more advanced and maybe too complicated for your mum? If you could confirm what was wrong with the Youview box, I maybe able to answer your question, to save you money! John L

| Sun 2 Apr 2023 9:42:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.