My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura - momentary loss of HDMI output

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

purl

I get a momentary loss of HDMI output from my Aura.
    Occasionally, the Aura looses TV picture. The interruption lasts for about 2 seconds, then audio and picture are restored. Typically this will happen once or twice and hour.
    I think this happens when showing both Live TV or on recording playback..
    Anyone else experienced something similar?

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 10:21:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

That sounds like when my TV adjusts from 1080p 50 to 1080p 60 after a second or so of the audio starting. That is what I have my Aura set to, but that only happens when I first turn on the TV.

Do you notice if your TV displays anything when it happens. Mine shows the change in the top left corner.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 10:58:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

purl

Good thought .. I’ll take a look to see if there is any mode change message next time it happens..
    The TV displays noise, as if the HDMI is disconnected.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 11:02:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

You don't have any hdmi splitters/switchers/boosters in the way do you? I have a cheapy mirror device that splits my AV amp output to TV and projector and on the projector I get a similar glitch probably once every 4 hours but only on projector - that could be as it's on a 10m cable though, TV only 6m.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 14:22:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

purl

No, no other adapter/splitter in the wire.. and short cable runs.. The HDMI cable has been used for some time without an issue, but maybe I will try swapping it just in case..

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 17:19:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

purl - 1 hour ago  » 
    No, no other adapter/splitter in the wire.. and short cable runs.. The HDMI cable has been used for some time without an issue, but maybe I will try swapping it just in case..

I have read that some people have had issues with the aerial signal if it's too close to the hdmi. Maybe you are having hdmi issues as it's too close to the aerial cable or a poorly shielded one. Try moving the cable routes and unplug and re-plug the hdmi in as it could be some oxidisation.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 18:49:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

purl

Humax support think this could be due to the reception signal level being too high, and have offered to send me an attenuator.. I will update this post, when it arrives and I have tried it.

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 9:48:30 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.