My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Optical

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

New to the Forum, New to Humax, had my Aura for a couple of days now, finding my way round it. Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding the Optical set up, I have a relatively old Sony receiver which has coaxial optical,(as well as Toslink, used elsewhere). I'd like to make use of my 5.1 speakers( DD DTS Dolby), would a DAC work as a "bridge" between the Sony and Aura, TIA

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 22:26:11 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

retsbewyor - 11 hours ago  » 
    New to the Forum, New to Humax, had my Aura for a couple of days now, finding my way round it. Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding the Optical set up, I have a relatively old Sony receiver which has coaxial optical,(as well as Toslink, used elsewhere). I'd like to make use of my 5.1 speakers( DD DTS Dolby), would a DAC work as a "bridge" between the Sony and Aura, TIA

I’m not an expert, but I do have a DAC and optical link from my TV to an older Sony mini system to work in stereo via stereo phono inputs.
    Sorry, the above reply hadn’t come in when I started to write this and it’s much more informative.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 9:59:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

grahamlthompson, thanks for the reply and the link, unfortunately no coaxial connections.....

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 15:29:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

retsbewyor - 5 hours ago  » 
    grahamlthompson, thanks for the reply and the link, unfortunately no coaxial connections.....

Confused. Never mentioned a coaxial connection. The switch gives you 3 optical connections (toslink) you can switch to your AVR single optical input.

Cheap coaxial to optical converters (and vice versa) are widely available.

You asked if a DAC would work (digital analogue converter). You do no need one.

You have digital optical (toslink) input on the amp. Coaxial is also digital.

The switch gives you 3 optical inputs. One more than you need.

All you have to do is connect the device power supply. Connect the output to your AVR optical input. Connect the existing avr input to say switch input 2. The aura to input 1.

Listen to the Aura select switch input 1. Listen to existing kit select input 2 using the supplied remote.

No mention of a coaxial digital connection.

Analogue audio can also use RCA coaxial digital connections ( analogue stereo only_. It has nothing to do with this thread.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 21:15:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

retsbewyor

My thanks to grahamlthompson for the link to the Optical switch.....the football sounded SO much better in 5.1, works a treat with the Aura

| Sat 3 Jul 2021 22:34:25 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.